Talk

Advanced search

What do you count as walking?

(4 Posts)
MrFlibblesEyes Sat 28-Nov-20 10:26:50

Ds has just turned 13 months and I'm often asked by people if he is walking yet and I always say 'sort of'. I don't think I can really count him as walking yet as it's not his primary mode transportation e.g if I walked out of the room and he followed me he would do it by crawling. However, if he was standing by one sofa and wanted something on the other one he would just walk across, which he does very steadily, over gaps of a couple of metres. He can moderate his speed and change direction when he is walking but he is yet to stand up independently of furniture (although he isn't using it to pull up, more for reassurance). Yet I have heard people call their toddlers walkers from their first wobbly steps so I'm wondering if I'm doing him a disservice by saying he can't 😂? Just interested in people opinions of what counts as walking?

OP’s posts: |
FortunesFave Sat 28-Nov-20 10:41:25

Just say yes...because he is!

Ohalrightthen Sat 28-Nov-20 17:17:59

If he can walk (which he can) then he's walking, surely?

Ihaveoflate Sat 28-Nov-20 19:21:42

My daughter took about a month to go from the stage of walking a few steps between furniture to properly walking. When people asked I gave exactly your response.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in