Talk

Advanced search

At my wits end

(3 Posts)
ml01omm Wed 25-Nov-20 17:43:01

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place - but FTM and I am at my wits end.

My 14 week old will just NOT STOP GRIZZLING.

He was a comparatively relaxed newborn, had his grumpy days, had a week or 2 where he'd cry for about an hour or two a day ( around the time he was 3 weeks old), but oh my goodness, since he has turned 10 weeks old the crying has been near constant.

He is generally calm the first hour after he wakes up in the morning, and calm the last 2 hours before he goes to bed, but the 9 hours in between, if he doesn't have a bottle in his mouth or is asleep, he his crying.

I feel like the worst mum in the world, because I am constantly shoving his dummy in his mouth to get 2 minutes peace. I keep wishing the days away to his next nap time.

I used to be able to leave him in his bouncer chair while I went to the loo, now he gets so worked up he screams the house down. Screams on his playmat, screams on my lap etc

At first we thought it was the 12 week leap, but we have passed that, then we thought it was a growth spurt, but he has had that. He is on anti-reflux formula as he has a bit of reflux, and we thought it was that that was bothering him and it seems to be working ( no more spit up).

I just don't know what it is, or what to do, but it is wearing me down, esp on days like to day when its rainy and lockdown and I can't get out of the house.

Please someone tell me it gets better? All the baby books keep saying crying drops off a cliff at 12 weeks, but this is getting worse and worse.

OP’s posts: |
Aria999 Wed 25-Nov-20 18:35:00

Sounds grim 🙁. I think some babies just do this unfortunately, but there could be something wrong.

Could he be hungry? Mine always were (even 15 minutes after a feed sometimes). Bf or bottles?

Aria999 Wed 25-Nov-20 18:35:26

It does definitely get better.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in