Talk

Advanced search

Pampers Premium Protection nappies - where are they?

(40 Posts)
Tobebythesea Thu 22-Oct-20 19:16:43

Have they been discontinued? Please god, no. They are great! Cannot get them now in Tesco or Morrisons.

OP’s posts: |
edin16 Thu 22-Oct-20 19:25:21

My tescos was out too! I bulk bought on amazon last week.

Letsallscreamatthesistene Thu 22-Oct-20 19:30:54

On amazon!

Tobebythesea Thu 22-Oct-20 19:32:28

I would too but it’s £43 for a monthly pack ☹️

Tobebythesea Thu 22-Oct-20 19:33:26

Are the pure protection ones any good?

Letsallscreamatthesistene Thu 22-Oct-20 19:44:21

Honestly ive never noticed a big difference. Aldi nappies are good, if you want an alternative

attillathenun Thu 22-Oct-20 20:11:28

You can buy massive boxes of them on amazon! Boots definitely sell them as well.

Dinosauraddict Thu 22-Oct-20 20:26:54

Sainsbury's are still selling them. So are Costco.

ifellintoarabbithole Thu 22-Oct-20 20:34:41

I asked in Tesco the other day and the lady told me that the Pampers rep had told them they were "streamlining" their range and would no longer be doing the Premium, just the dark green ones and new Active Fit.

So frustrating, as Premium have been one of the few styles that didn't leak for us. Have tried the Active Fit this week and seems ok, so fingers crossed. Can't remember if they have the wetness indicator though, which i always found useful. And I'm not sure I particularly want to support a company who just remove a product in that way!! But maybe that's just me being unreasonable.

bookish83 Fri 23-Oct-20 07:27:19

Oooooooo

This is why they were reduced in boots last week!

I got 4 packs very cheap but I didn't twig this might be the reason why sad

atvh Fri 23-Oct-20 08:03:08

I ordered a load with my online shop and they were substituted with a different Pampers nappy. What a shame!

Timekeepspassing Fri 23-Oct-20 08:08:16

They’ve discontinued them. I am trying to find an alternative as their new baby only goes up to size 3 and my son reacts to the other design, aldi, Asda and Tesco nappies. We spent ages when he was a new born trying out different ones. Then as he has got bigger we hoped he would grow out of it and tried others again but his bum always gets really sore within a day. So frustrating.

attillathenun Fri 23-Oct-20 08:08:57

Arghh that’s so annoying they are being discontinued!

Dyra Fri 23-Oct-20 08:11:36

Oh no! I wondered why they so cheap in Boots the other week, and now completely gone. They're still available in Waitrose at least. That's a real shame. Guess we'll have to start experimenting to find another brand that won't leak again.

PhilsOsophy Fri 30-Oct-20 21:33:31

So pleased I found this thread..we have been looking everywhere as they have been the best for nighttime with DS2 for not leaking. So annoyed they have just discontinued them without saying anything..I use aldi/lidle/asda for day but found them to be the best at night.

Cityzen74 Fri 30-Oct-20 21:38:48

I am gutted about this shock. I used to buy them from Amazon but they are now £43. Will have to try other types now.

atvh Fri 30-Oct-20 21:42:02

I've been using the dark green ones with animals on them instead (sorry, can't remember what they're called) and they seem like a really good alternative.

atvh Fri 30-Oct-20 21:42:28

(I mean the dark green ones from Pampers)

wimbler Sat 31-Oct-20 09:48:14

We actually made the switch from premium protection to the baby dry as I realised you get a few more nappies per pack. I prefer the feel of the premium protection ones but other than that i've not noticed any difference at all!

Alarae Sat 31-Oct-20 09:51:53

As mentioned above they have been discontinued in favour of the new active fit nappies.

My local asda reduced them down to £2 a pack and I should have enough to see my daughter through to the next size. If I run out I'll probably go to Aldi Premium, as they were nice for her too. Only switched because my local didn't stock the bigger sizes when I needed them (but do now).

iuliiaM Sat 31-Oct-20 12:53:15

Was very disappointed myself to see them go - tried New Baby ones, they seems to be very slightly smaller in measurements than Premium also have yellowish colour which makes you question if your baby urine is too dark, so not so impressed by them.
Also bought Active Fit - wetness indicator there and feel very soft, only used for 2 days and my 5 months old DD seems to be happy in them.

FizzingWhizzbee123 Sat 31-Oct-20 12:59:44

Argh FFS. Baby 2 is about to land and I MUCH prefer the premium over the baby dry, especially for a tiny baby. Actifit is no good do a newborn. How annoying

niclw Sat 31-Oct-20 20:22:24

They haven't discontinued them just renamed them. I had a sample pack a few weeks pack which explained the change. They are now called pampers active fit (size 3-6) nappies and are exactly the same except they made the tape slightly wider. I can't remember what they are calling the size 1-2 but definitely renamed these too. I got some size 6 today in boots.

FrancesFlute Sat 31-Oct-20 20:29:01

We've used these from day 1 with DS who is now 2.5. Buy Aldi in emergency but they are a tighter fit. We couldn't find any Premium Protection the other week either and Amazon prices too steep. We got the Active Fit nappies instead and so far I like them. Not the same, but very similar.

Letsallscreamatthesistene Sat 31-Oct-20 20:35:35

@niclw I had a look in tesco today and I think they're now calling sizes 1 and 2 'new baby'

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in