Talk

Advanced search

8 month old formula

(3 Posts)
Hrp86 Tue 13-Oct-20 09:11:18

Hi there. My almost 8 month old boy has three meals a day and three milk feeds of 7oz each. I was just wondering how much formula other babies of this age have? I want him to have 8pz bottles in the hope it may help his 30 minute naps but he generally sicks up the milk if it's over 7oz. He is a big boy! Also any help with 30 minute naps hugely appreciated as I have an overtired baby and feel like I've tried everything. Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Tue 13-Oct-20 09:28:40

21oz is a perfect amount. A minimum of 20oz is recommended for that age. Sounds like a sleep cycle issue rather than a food issue. Does he sleep OK at night?

Hrp86 Tue 13-Oct-20 13:14:41

Thanks @dementedpixie - glad I'm feeding him the right amount! Yes, I agree re: sleep cycle issue but no idea how to break it! He sleeps well at night and gets himself back to sleep himself if he wakes and he gets himself to sleep for the naps so it's bizarre. Wakes crying from his 30 minute naps as still tired but can't settle himself back to sleep or be settled back to sleep. You can tell he needs more sleep just no idea how to get it. Come bedtime he is asleep early as he is so exhausted but then is waking early the next day - vicious cycle!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in