Talk

Advanced search

Feeding nightmare

(8 Posts)
Lorna3012 Wed 30-Sep-20 14:15:51

Hi,

I have an 8 week old who randomly starts screaming during his bottle feed and it's impossible to continue feeding him. Today and yesterday it's been at his 2.30pm feed but it randomly happens other days at other times. Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing it? He ends up drinking virtually nothing and then falls asleep on my chest as it's the only thing that calms him down. It's really starting to get to me as I have no idea what's causing it.
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
MrsPatrickDempsey Wed 30-Sep-20 14:17:45

When you say his 1430 feed, are you feeding at set times or are you led by him? Sounds as if he is tired and not hungry.

Lorna3012 Wed 30-Sep-20 14:23:47

I follow his cues but his feeds were more or less at the same time today and yesterday. He had just woken up from a nap which is what makes me think he wasn't tiredconfused

ArticulateYourLife Wed 30-Sep-20 15:45:03

Teething?

Ohalrightthen Wed 30-Sep-20 16:17:22

ArticulateYourLife

Teething?

At 8 weeks!? Possible but very unlikely.

More likely to be wind or reflux or simply being full. Stop feeding when he starts crying, give him a good burp and a cuddle and try again if he seems hungry after that.

Lorna3012 Wed 30-Sep-20 16:41:22

He only drank 30ml before the screaming started. Reflux did cross my mind because he is inconsolable is you lie him down then. I also did consider teething on the off chance but no sign of anything!!

RedPandaFluff Wed 30-Sep-20 18:41:57

Hi @Lorna3012 - this sounds exactly like my DD who had reflux. I'd speak to your GP as we were prescribed Infant Gaviscon and it was a little miracle!

Lorna3012 Wed 30-Sep-20 20:37:42

I'll definitely mention it and see what they say. Thanks!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in