Talk

Advanced search

Where to rent a stimulator for young parents to be

(40 Posts)
Grandmatobe2021 Sun 27-Sep-20 11:11:32

My daughter is about to become a first time mummy it's not her I worry about it's her partner he's always playing video games I would like a baby stimulator to see if he will be able to care for a newborn I know my daughter will be ok as she has 4 younger siblings and helped me with them but it's him I worry about please can anyone help as if I leave it to my daughter he will talk her into not getting one

OP’s posts: |
ODFOx Sun 27-Sep-20 11:13:26

Simulator
SIMulator

So they are already expecting a baby and you want to spend money on a toy to show he'll be useless father? Nice.

TheQueef Sun 27-Sep-20 11:15:30

That T makes a whole new thread.
I'm not sure which is worse.

ODFOx Sun 27-Sep-20 11:17:24

The simulaids one is £400 and is only good for putting the fear of god into teens to avoid pregnancy. If they are already expecting it's no use at all.

VelveteenBunni Sun 27-Sep-20 11:18:16

Leave your daughter and her partner alone. I am sure if they want or need your help they know how to ask for it.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Sun 27-Sep-20 11:18:17

Jeeezus this is more about you not liking the boyfriend isn’t it?!

What do you want to achieve? Your daughter to come home going how useless her boyfriend is and promise to raise the baby with you? Even better agree to let you raise the baby as your own and her to help like she has with her siblings?

Or are you wanting her to have an abortion once you prove her boyfriend is always playing video games?

Sorry I don’t see the point - she’s pregnant. Also you’d be surprised people change when they have responsibility

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Sun 27-Sep-20 11:18:52

I just don't think it's your place to try and parent him in this way. He is, presumably, a grown man?

Do they live with you?

buckeejit Sun 27-Sep-20 11:19:13

Tamagotchi?!

You are really overstepping the mark if you rent a simulator for them. How is your relationship with sil? Either way I would not appreciate my mil coming up with this. Plenty of gamers become parents & can look after their children. You'd be better asking how you can help support them. Good luck!

CarolVordermansBum Sun 27-Sep-20 11:22:16

**Simulator
SIMulator**

🤣🤣🤣

VampireBill Sun 27-Sep-20 11:23:13

Just don't. All you'll do is be the interfering MIL that forces him to leave sooner rather than later.

ginghamstarfish Sun 27-Sep-20 11:26:27

Don't think they need a stimulator if she's already pregnant ...

LonginesPrime Sun 27-Sep-20 11:26:49

I would like a baby stimulator to see if he will be able to care for a newborn

OP, nowadays, real live babies are just as good as the simulators, so I think you'll be able to tell whether he can look after a baby from using the real one. It's just as effective, honestly!

Hellothere19999 Sun 27-Sep-20 11:30:12

Lol how rude. They’re already preggo so what’s the point? He’s not gonna suddenly start reading books (probs doesn’t help much anyway). When the baby comes he will do what he has to, sometimes people surprise you, give the lad a chance. He probably just plays video games coz he’s bored. My partner does and is also a great dad and was amazing when I couldn’t do anything after an emergency c section and he’s only 24. If my mum had of bought a simulator or whatever you’re on about we would have laughed at her tbh.

HPandTheNeverEndingBedtime Sun 27-Sep-20 11:31:36

I'm assuming they are very young parentsbut even so it is not your place to point out how lazy and uncompetant he is. The baby hasn't arrived yet. And parenting is about gaining experience and learning on the spot. Support them by taking to parenting classes if being run, alternatively get a cheap doll and teach them both how to put nappies on, how to hold by supporting the head, how to give a bath to a squirming baby if no classes are being run. Support your daughter so she knows she can return home if necessary.

DDs dad was rubbish when she was a baby, no idea how to do anything practical, but hes been great with her once she was older.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 27-Sep-20 11:36:38

Well if he's up at night gaming, he can deal with the night feeds then!

Balaur Sun 27-Sep-20 11:40:35

shock

getitoutofourfridge Sun 27-Sep-20 11:53:01

He should get Who's Your Daddy? on steam if he's a PC gamer.

riotlady Sun 27-Sep-20 12:06:22

Just... why?!

C8H10N4O2 Sun 27-Sep-20 12:10:40

first time mummy

Are you 6?

Looking forward to thread in a few months "DM has never liked DP and since PFB came along just can't keep her beak out"

AlwaysLatte Sun 27-Sep-20 12:29:59

Baby stimulator! grin
Bonkers idea.

courseaction Sun 27-Sep-20 12:40:49

Stop interfering

Smallsteps88 Sun 27-Sep-20 12:44:06

It’s absolutely none of your business. You aren’t his boss or parent. It’s not your place to test him to see if he’ll be a good enough dad or not. Back off.

seayork2020 Sun 27-Sep-20 12:46:03

Step away from the stimulator

Pantheon Sun 27-Sep-20 13:41:08

You sound concerned for your daughter but this is the wrong way to go about things. I think you have to make it clear to her that you'll be there for support and suggest they both do any NHS or nct classes on your area.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 27-Sep-20 13:52:58

A bit late for that now if she is already pg. If they are old enough to have babies they are old enough to work it out themselves.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in