Talk

Advanced search

Toddler feels hot and is properly poorly for the first time

(6 Posts)
gemsam7015 Thu 24-Sep-20 07:27:38

Just what the title says really, she’s 17 months and this is the first time she’s been poorly, as in miserable and not interested in playing as much and has a raised temp.
She’s been checked over by a doctor who was happy with her and said she had a viral infection and she’s not seriously unwell but I can’t wait for her to get better sad
I’m probably being pathetic haha, just thought I’d see if anyone was in the same boat as me

OP’s posts: |
Disappointedkoala Thu 24-Sep-20 08:02:28

My DD had one of those about the same age and just sat on the couch in front of Cbeebies all day under a blanket. Calpol and plenty of liquids, mine was fine within a few days but it's very strange when they go from running you ragged to not wanting to play!

Lockdownseperation Thu 24-Sep-20 08:17:27

It’s horrible when they are so little. Have you managed to book a corona virus test yet?

OverTheRainbow88 Thu 24-Sep-20 08:19:03

Just keeping offering lots of water, cucumber, squash anything to keep liquids up, and calpol every 4 hours (4 lots in 24 hours).
Open all windows to get fresh air inside!

Hope she feels better ASAP.

Lockdownseperation Thu 24-Sep-20 08:46:00

Ice lollies are good if they are reluctant to drink.

Ihaveoflate Thu 24-Sep-20 09:26:32

I can sympathise, OP. My baby had a really bad viral infection when she was about 11 months and it was horrendous.

She was so poorly and had febrile convulsions and a rash all over her body. Needless to say, I freaked out and called an ambulance. the paramedics were lovely and we went to get checked over at A&E but it was all fine. She was ill for about a week and seemed like one of the longest weeks of my life.

It's really tough but it will pass - make sure someone looks after you while you look after her.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in