Talk

Advanced search

Help! Does anyone know the dummy fairy?

(5 Posts)
Coriandersucks Tue 08-Sep-20 19:37:37

Ds1 has decided he’s ditching the dummy tonight. I’m over the moon but completely unprepared, I really thought we were going to be in this for the long haul.

Trouble is dp is away tonight so I’m on my own and working all day tomorrow.

Dummy is under the pillow, he’s asleep and I’ve miraculously found a blank notecard with a picture of a fairy on it. I’ve written a note saying thank you for your dummy I’ll give a present to mummy tomorrow to give you etc.

When do I brave putting the note under his pillow - sooner rather than later? What if we wakes in the night wanting his dummy, either way he’s going to be disappointed it’s still there or hyped up there’s a note.

Plus how the hell am I going to get him a present tomorrow? I can probably stall him until he finishes nursery but we are seriously limited on shops around us.

Please, tell me your dummy fairy experiences to make me feel like I’m doing ok!!

OP’s posts: |
Tacca Tue 08-Sep-20 19:58:18

Why not write on the card that this card allows you to get any present in any shop up to the value of. I'm sure the cashier would play along whilst you pretended you were only paying for the shopping that was yours.

roastbeetrootsalad Tue 08-Sep-20 20:05:05

Great idea @Tacca

OP you said you've already written the card but at that age the picture on the card won't matter, write the Gift Voucher on any paper or another card

Okki Tue 08-Sep-20 20:25:20

We didn't give a present at the time - just said that the fairy had taken DD's dummy to a new baby who needed it. She was happy with that. She got something a few days later from us as we said we were so proud of her - we wanted to be the ones to reward her.

Good luck.

twinkletoedelephant Tue 08-Sep-20 20:28:39

dd was "the dummy fairy " she put on pink fluffy wings and everything (good job the boy slept through anything) she threw left a diago from Dora backpack on the bed for him liberally sprinkled with glitter.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in