Talk

Advanced search

My 7 month old having fever again. Could it be because of teething

(7 Posts)
sarahhoping Thu 03-Sep-20 02:51:31

My son who's going to turn 7 month old in less than a week had fever few days back. Thermometer said it's around 99.4 which subsided slowly after we gave him paracetamol drops given by paediatrician earlier
Now till last night and today morning he seemed fine to touch, but again now his body felt hot again. Thermometer shocked me with 100.2 , measuring again after 15 mins gave me 99.5
Whatever it maybe why would he fall sick again. He has no other symptom but he does seem to be having teething signs like drooling excessive, chewing, irritated at times and so on. He has not erupted any teeth yet

OP’s posts: |
sarahhoping Thu 03-Sep-20 02:54:19

PS : he's playful even with seemingly fever.

Couldntthinkofausername24 Thu 03-Sep-20 10:15:26

My son is 6 months old has had regular high temperatures since birth. He's been in hospital 5 times as they suspected a rare blood disorder as his white blood cells were low. He was having weekly blood tests etc. Anyway he was referred to a blood doctor at a major children's hospital in the UK which we went to a few week back. He explained that high temperatures in this age is very common and only a problem if baby is showing other signs of not feeling well such as lethargic, not eating well etc. Luckily on all the occasions my son had a temperature he was presenting really well. The last hospital admission his temp was 38.5 so a fever but they put it down to teething in the end so yes definitely possible. X

sarahhoping Thu 03-Sep-20 11:05:34

@Couldntthinkofausername24 but my baby is irritated and also feeding lesser than before , also seems to have a temperature in range of 98.5 to 99.5 , and regularly pulls on his ears as well.
All these signs I checked online were of teething. So I hope all is well
Strangely my paed said fever or high temperature is not a sign of teething

OverTheRainbow88 Thu 03-Sep-20 11:15:50

Both my DSs got a temp when teething

sarahhoping Thu 03-Sep-20 11:42:11

@OverTheRainbow88 how much is too much temp when teething . Mines head feels hot to touch although body seems normal infact little cooler. I guess blood is flowing towards head more
Thermometer said it's 100.7 which was shocking.
He never had this high. He's fussy and kind of lazy. I wonder how long this will last.

OverTheRainbow88 Thu 03-Sep-20 11:48:00

If baby irritated and feeding less with a temp this could be teething. However, I would be counting wet nappies today and check baby is still weeing frequently, you don’t want them to get dehydrated.

Have you tried a teething gel on gums about 20min before you try a feed?

If you are worried there’s no harm in calling your GP and if they are worried you could take baby in to be checked over.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in