Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PFB on school trip for weekend

(5 Posts)
LIZS Fri 05-Oct-07 14:59:38

ds has gone off on a PGL weekend with school, his first extended time away on his own. I was fine until standing waiting to drop dd some of the other mums started to discuss it at which point I broke and had to turn away with dd blush.

I'm sure he'll have a great time and be well looked after but can you remind me of some of the positive things of a weekend with only having (a somewhat bereft) dd in tow.

Marina Fri 05-Oct-07 15:14:51

We have just survived our PFB's first trip away too LIZS - how much I missed the little chap caught me REALLY unawares
We helped a similarly miffed and languishing dd by tucking up his (too large to go with him, a surrogate went instead) cuddly Pikachu and kissing it goodnight.
She also of course got free rein of CBeebies and the biscuit tin, which helped cushion the blow a little
We did focus on dd more than usual as she does get lugged about to stuff like Cubs
Good weather for it - ds went pond-dipping in what sounded suspiciously like sleet hmm

Marina Fri 05-Oct-07 15:15:16

Oh and no ludicrous bickering about whose pencil case is nicer etc etc

Anchovy Fri 05-Oct-07 15:23:00

Ooh, yes, Marina, we get that sort of ludicrous bickering as well.

This morning DD said to me a bit tearfully and crossly while running around in her vest and pants "DS is ^making ^ me mess around so I don't have time to get dressed".

LIZS Fri 05-Oct-07 17:17:36

It is very quiet and time is dragging sad. Not had confirmation they've got there yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now