Talk

Advanced search

New reception starters 2020

(4 Posts)
ILikeGlitter Thu 27-Aug-20 07:06:25

How are you all feeling about your dc starting school next week?

I'm starting to feel a bit nervous. Not necessarily due to Covid but just the fact that my child will be starting school.
I always thought I would be an emotional mess when the time came but to be honest now I am grateful they have the opportunity.

I just can't believe this time has came around so soon.

OP’s posts: |
CottonSock Thu 27-Aug-20 07:15:01

Yes, my youngest is. I didnt feel like this with her sister. She is still my baby I guess. Daughter is beyond excited though.

MotorwayDiva Thu 27-Aug-20 07:53:06

Looking forward to it, she's social able only child and time at home with just me especially when working was tough on her.
She lost her baby features in lock down and now looks like a little girl, she's so ready for this and I'm excited that's she's growing up to be a lovely person

Debradoyourecall Fri 28-Aug-20 10:03:49

I’m looking forward to it as he’s quite intense and I have a baby too. I am a bit worried about how many Covid tests we will be doing as winter colds come along and cause coughs and fevers.

Also worried as he’s behind other children in terms of numbers and writing (as in, I’ve never managed to get him to do anything more than scribbles). I am hoping his teacher can give us advice.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in