Talk

Advanced search

21 month old non sleeper....suddenly sleeping

(3 Posts)
Archie1989 Sat 22-Aug-20 06:56:12

My 21 month old has woken on average every 2-3 hours since the 4 month sleep regression. He would start the night in his cot, and the. after around two hours at the start of the night, I would take him into bed with me. He’s still breastfed, and I would feed him during the night...around this age I was planning to night wean gently, through reading him a bedtime story about it.

BUT, very randomly the last few nights, he’s started sleeping through the night in his cot. I don’t know where the hell it’s come from!! I haven’t sleep trained....he’s just suddenly started sleeping.

Is this normal? I decided that despite his constant waking previously, I didn’t want to sleep train, as I felt he would do it when he’s ready and there must be a reason for the waking (eczema, allergies etc)...but going from waking every 2-3 hours (on a good higher) to 12 hours straight is a huge change in less than a week.

Of course I am constantly checking he’s breathing etc now, as it’s so unusual. So still no sleep for mama!

What are your experiences of sleeping through the night?

OP’s posts: |
DivGirl Sat 22-Aug-20 07:15:35

Everything at this age is a phase. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Mine (2.5) is starting to occasionally sleep through the night, but I still wake up at 4 to check on him. Not on purpose, I'd absolutely love to also be able to sleep through but I seem to have lost the knack for it.

Persipan Sat 22-Aug-20 07:58:30

My brother notoriously Did. Not. Sleep. and it's a matter of family legend that the first time he eventually, actually did sleep through the night, my mum turned to my dad and asked if he thought she should go and wake him up! (To which the reply was a hearty NO.)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in