Talk

Advanced search

Mum guilt for letting ds2 into Quazer

(13 Posts)
sKerryMum Thu 04-Oct-07 12:21:27

DS1 attended a bday party at new local soft play centre. I brought ds2 along and just paid for him to go play. The bday boy's mum said, oh he can go into the Quazer with the other lads and sit at party.....

There were a couple of other younger boys going into the Quazaer so I walked ds2 up (he's 5 this month) and let him go (the bday dad was up there).

Well, he comes down after in BITS. Turns out it was dark and they shoot lasers at each other's teams and I thought he would LOVE it because he loves playing Star Wars and all that. He HATED it and was scared and didn't know how to get out and all the boys were running around.

I feel like such a shitty mum..

I gave him lots of hugs and cuddles and apologized profusely and he seemed okay....

BandofMutantMonsters Thu 04-Oct-07 12:24:43

Hey you are a great mum, you thought he'd LOVE it, that is a good thing to let him go in.
How could you predict he'd hate it.
And when he did you gave him cuddles and love. We are not omnipotent sweetie, go easy on yourself.smile

EddieTwigard Thu 04-Oct-07 12:26:29

I broke my leg in 3 places playing quazar blush

DoctorFrankenSquonk Thu 04-Oct-07 12:27:31

yeah, what bom said.

You weren't to know. YOu didn't push him in there so you could go to the pub for a few pints of guinness and a couple of fags (in the beer garden of course) you let him go because you thought he would enjoy it.

You are not a bad mum, and he probably seemed ok because he is ok, because you have brought him up to accept that sometimes things don't quite go to plan.

Bouncingturtle Thu 04-Oct-07 12:28:16

sad
Poor you and poor your ds! It is hard to predict these things, me and dh took dss (6yo) to Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh, he is fascinated by volcanoes and earth quakes, had seen this place on a website and was so excited about going in and seeing it. Well it lasted all of 5 minutes - he didn't like the fact it was dark and there were loads of coloured lights and insisted we took him out!

sKerryMum Thu 04-Oct-07 12:29:26

Broke your leg?

How did you manage that?

sKerryMum Thu 04-Oct-07 12:31:12

He's scheduled to have his party at the soft play and he was saying now he doesn't want it there but I told him he didn't have to do Quazer, he and his friends could just play in the soft play area...

so he seems happy enough with that.

Just the look on his face when he came out, sad and very cross...

EddieTwigard Thu 04-Oct-07 12:31:54

was wearing bike boots .. turned one way, foot slipped on sweat and turned the other way and I fell .. ankle bone knocked off and spiral fractures of tibia and fibia

BandofMutantMonsters Thu 04-Oct-07 12:34:04

OUCH Twig.sad

sKerryMum Thu 04-Oct-07 12:38:15

YIKES! Twig.....

EddieTwigard Thu 04-Oct-07 13:05:32

bizarrely it didn't hurt (now we could talk about the constipation from sitting still for 2 weeks under threat of pins .. that's if we want to compare pain)

jalopy Thu 04-Oct-07 21:10:07

Don't worry, he'll love it in 3 years time.smile

MargosBeenPuttingSpellsOnMN Thu 04-Oct-07 21:13:15

I ran into a wall in Quazar once.

One of my many stupid injuries....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now