Talk

Advanced search

Toddlers friend over every day?

(4 Posts)
WeEE Wed 19-Aug-20 14:30:12

My Daughter has just turned 3 and is obsessed with our next door neighbours kid.

She has asked if her friend can come over every single day this week, and I have let her come over for the last 3 days. My Daughter then goes to the neighbours house after for a little bit.

I don't want her over again today. I have said no and it's gone down like a led balloon. I don't know if I'm being unreasonable and if I should just make my Daughter happy even if it annoys me? I grew up in a household where we weren't allowed visitors so not sure if it's just ingrained in me or if it is reasonable to not want her over again.

OP’s posts: |
JudgeRindersMinder Wed 19-Aug-20 14:33:05

Yanbu we had similar when dd was small, and the other child was high maintenance-her mother was only too glad to punt her over to me, and also to have my dd over because she entertained the other girl. It got ridiculous. If we were out, we’d see the other girl watching out of the window for us coming back, and she’d tear cross the road before we even got the key in the door.
Don’t let this become a habit as you’ll
Come to regret it

Pipandmum Wed 19-Aug-20 14:54:15

You are the adult here. Do not get dictated to by a three year old. Say three times is enough and that she can see her again next week.

WeEE Wed 19-Aug-20 15:01:13

Thanks both! You are right, I definitely shouldn't be letting a 3 year old dictate my life!

I actually wouldn't mind if they played together and left me alone, but they both want my constant attention and want me to join in with everything they do. I've got a baby as well and I just can't be arsed with it.

@JudgeRindersMinder definitely don't want it to get to that stage!!! They have knocked a few times and said "do you mind if she comes over for ten minutes". I think it's really rude to be honest.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in