Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

When can I safely put toys in DD's cot?

(5 Posts)
MrsTittleMouse Tue 02-Oct-07 15:51:02

DD is 11 months and can amuse herself for a while now when she wakes up (yippee!). However, she only has the toys that are clipped to the sides, and nothing actually in the cot with her, and naturally that gets a bit boring after a short time. Is she old enough to have something actually on the mattress with her now?

TrinityRhino Tue 02-Oct-07 15:54:42

totally I would say
gecko is 7 months and has a stuffed bug and a bear in with her
she loves chewing on them

Thepuddingchef Tue 02-Oct-07 16:04:11

yep....my ds had toys teddies etc....now he has board books and the fav toy of the minute.
I like to listen on the monitor to him talking away to his toys in the morning smile

MrsTittleMouse Tue 02-Oct-07 21:05:04

Great! Maybe I can get an extra 15 minutes in bed. Although DH needs to be up for work, so our little shouty alarm clock has her uses.
No need for a monitor in our house, DD has quite a pair of lungs on her. It's been gathering dust for months now. grin

daisyhun Fri 05-Oct-07 21:47:37

My dd is almost 9 months and tbh we have had little "from birth" cuddly toys in with her since she went into her big cot at 4 months - they are well up at the top of the cot away from where she sleeps (or starts off sleeping!).

They really help - when she was smaller and woke in the morning she would just turn her head and stare at them until we came and got her.

Once she learned how to shuffle round she made her way up to them in the morning and we could hear her chatting away to them and playing with them.

Go for it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: