Talk

Advanced search

Enforcement order - am I right to stop contact?

(5 Posts)
Skitheworld Thu 06-Aug-20 10:43:22

To summarise a very long story...
I applied to court to get a routine for my little girl (5) as his dad wouldn't commit to contact.
LO is resident with me but he now has 50% school holidays, more than I thought he would have. He's not a good father and LO struggles with the rubbish he comes out with.

He was consistently breaking the order by bringing LO back a day late and always 30-45 minutes late for handover. I was applying to court for that, then...

He had first 2 weeks of summer hols and sent me an email saying he would be keeping LO for the whole 6 weeks. I applied for enforcement order straight away. He then returned LO one day late.

Court hearing is in two weeks and LO is meant to have contact before then. Am I right to prevent that contact until court has had a review? How would court take it?

OP’s posts: |
Lockdownseperation Thu 06-Aug-20 12:17:31

I think you need to speak to a solicitor.

What do you mean he is not a good Dad?

Skitheworld Thu 06-Aug-20 13:02:44

Multiple reasons, mostly the psychological aspect affecting LO, but the school and police have been involved due to his behaviour towards me.

I know if she goes back to him before court, he will fill her head with things. He tries to convince her that I'm always telling lies and I'm nasty. She comes back confused and in tears. Court told him to stop but he's continued... how is it proved though!?

I really just want her to have a happy time when she has contact with him. But he is always causing trouble and unless is talking me down, does nothing with her.

Any suggestions would be helpful sad

Lockdownseperation Thu 06-Aug-20 15:53:48

Have you raised your concerns with ss?

Skitheworld Thu 06-Aug-20 17:26:56

Yes, they just said to tell LO that she doesn't need to worry about what is said to her.... not working.

Feel like there's no way to protect her!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in