Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS with chest and ear infections refusing all food for several days. Please help as am v worried.....

(9 Posts)
maisiecat Tue 02-Oct-07 09:14:58

Ds was ill over the weekend with a nasty cough and cold and hasn't eaten properly since Thursday. The gp diagnosed chest and ear infections yesterday and prescribed antibiotics and ventolin. She didn't seem too concerned about the lack of eating. Today he is still refusing all food, but is drinking plenty of milk and fruit juice. I am awaiting a call from the triage nurse at our sugery to advise what to do. I really wanted advice from other Mums as I'm really worried about him not eating. I've tried tempting him with all of his favourites but in the last few days he has only eaten; 1 piece of jammy bread, 1 small yoghurt, half a babybel and that's about all. Anyone else had similar from their toddler?

brimfull Tue 02-Oct-07 09:18:13

I think as long as he's drinking then he'll eventually catch up.I wouldn't worry too much about the eating.
Sorry he's so unwell,I bet in a few days when his infections are under control he'll be starving all the time.

LilBloodRedWantsGore Tue 02-Oct-07 09:19:19

As long as he is drinking plenty, which he is, I really wouldn't worry. You know how horrible it is when you've got a cold and can't taste anything and the smallest crumb sets your cough off. Please try not to worry yourself.

LilBloodRedWantsGore Tue 02-Oct-07 09:20:15

Meant to say, DD was very poorly with temperature, cough and cold last week and barely ate, then yesterday she couldn't get enough down her

sheepgomeep Tue 02-Oct-07 09:30:01

As long as he is drinking plenty then he will be fine.

My ds would do this every time he was ill and his lack of appetite would last for over a week sometimes. Then he would make up for lost time.

He won't starve I promise smile

LucyJones Tue 02-Oct-07 09:31:54

How old is he?
I know my neice at about 9 months only ate yoghurts for about 2 weeks due to a similar illness.
My SIL was very worried but the gp said not to worry if she was drinking and sleeping fine

maisiecat Tue 02-Oct-07 10:25:19

Thank you all for your messages. The nurse got back to me and pretty much said the same as most of you - he'll be fine and that milk is classed as a food. She also said that they can go for quite a while without food.
Well, that's me feeling better, hopefully ds will follow suit

jellybelly25 Tue 02-Oct-07 10:55:15

try lemon sorbet

PetitFilou1 Tue 02-Oct-07 11:04:25

Yoghurts definitely or icecream. Try the sorts of things that will just slip down and cool a sore throat (if he has one)

He will get back to eating don't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now