Talk

Advanced search

How much should I listen to my DD moaning about something, is it just a normal stage of toddlerdom or something more serious?

(10 Posts)
ELF1981 Mon 01-Oct-07 18:35:26

My DD is going to be two on Saturday.
Recently, over the past week or so, she has been complaining about two things in specific, and I am not sure whether to take serious note of them or think it is just something she has found she can moan about which she wants to continue, iyswim

The two things are:

WIPES

When she is having her nappy changed, by me/DH and CM, she has been crossing her legs and shouting "no wipe, no wipe", "no more wipe mummy" and when I have elaborated on this, she has said she is sore. She isnt red, she isn't screaming when I wipe her bum, but sometimes I have had to uncross her kness to wipe her bum. Is it possible she has an infection or something which isnt visible to me which I should take her to the doc about, or is it something she's saying as part of being a two year old

EYES

She has been rubbing one eye in particular and saying that her eye is sore/ eye hurts. Again I cannot see anything wrong with her eye but then obv I am not an eye doc or anything! mostly this is at night time, is she just telling me that she is tired and her eyes are tired, or could there be something wrong with her eye?

First time mum and PFB, cant you tell grin

Any advice welcome!!

kittywitch Mon 01-Oct-07 18:39:15

Take her to the docs, if it's been going on a while. Toddlers moan and whine but not about things that don't bother them.
Could she have thrush?

ELF1981 Mon 01-Oct-07 20:15:03

Thank you for the reply, sorry for the delay in my answer - I had to get dinner!

I thought that, but she doesn't appear to have any other symptoms other than the fact she says it is sore.

ledodgy Mon 01-Oct-07 20:18:53

Have you changed her bubble bath lately? I only ask because that lavendar and camomile Johnson and Johnson's baby bath gives dd a sore bottom (front) and gives ds a sore/itchy eye!

ELF1981 Mon 01-Oct-07 20:30:13

Hmm, we dont use bubble bath a rule, but I have changed her shampoo from the normal J&J to a "scented" J&J

ELF1981 Mon 01-Oct-07 21:12:01

So could her shampoo be causing her sore bum (well, girly bit rather than bum!)

ledodgy Mon 01-Oct-07 22:24:34

Yes, if you wash her hair whilst she's in the bath.

seeker Mon 01-Oct-07 22:27:17

Does she still complain if you wipe her with cotton wool or loo roll or something with just plain water? If she doesn't, then maybe the chemicals in the wipes are stinging her skin?

ELF1981 Mon 01-Oct-07 22:29:09

Thank you for the answer

well, that was a waste of money for that shampoo!!! I never connected the shampoo with the problem she has!

Puts my mind at rest anyway, thanks!!

ELF1981 Mon 01-Oct-07 22:30:16

We have always just used wipes, but one of the two same brands always used. Swapped brands to see if that made a diff to another brand we have used but no difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now