Talk

Advanced search

9 week old crying

(3 Posts)
Eolhc1990 Fri 24-Jul-20 19:41:12

Hi there im a FTM so just looking for some advice.
My 9 wk old baby has always been fussy in the evening time she's breastfed so plenty of cluster feeding and crying from 6pm to 10pm which is ok because I expect it and she always settles fine afterwards. However the last 3 days she's been like this all day long. She is feeding and sleeping well lots of wet and dirty nappies normal temperature but pretty much every waking moment she is crying it so upsetting to see her unhappy normally she's in great form during the day. But the last 3 days is just constant crying. So for example she would go down for a nap at 10am for about 45 mins she will be smiling and quietly alert for maybe 10/15 mins and then cry for the next hour until she goes back to sleep then repeat.
She normally likes the sling but now hates it, hates her play mat and bouncy chair nothing will settle her except me walking and rocking her but even that is hit or miss.
The only difference I notice physically is she is drooling a bit more and has the odd sneeze and cough (nothing very regular but could be a cold). Have any of you experienced mums any advice or thoughts?

OP’s posts: |
Footlooseandfancy Fri 24-Jul-20 20:39:19

Could be a cold or start of teething? Has she had her vaccinations in the past few days? That can cause a bit of upset.

Letsallscreamatthesistene Sat 25-Jul-20 06:27:50

Its unlikely to be teething at 9 weeks. At around 2 months salivary glands start to work which will explain all the drooling.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in