Talk

Advanced search

First birthday presents

(13 Posts)
BabyLlamaZen Tue 14-Jul-20 10:29:46

Ds will be turning 1 this Autumn. I'm having a think about what kind of things to get him, especially if there's a 2nd wave and we can't get out and about much.

What do one year olds love? Ideally something decent and a bit bigger than just a few small toys.

OP’s posts: |
Spied Tue 14-Jul-20 10:35:42

Ball pit/sand pit ?
Mini ( hold on) trampoline?
Large aquadoodle type mat?

TimeWastingButFun Tue 14-Jul-20 10:46:25

Our first had this for his first birthday. He absolutely loved it and our second used it too, it was up and used in daily in the living room for about 4 years. We kept it for future grandchildren (SS getting married next year). It's on sale at the moment.

BabyLlamaZen Tue 14-Jul-20 12:25:38

Great ideas - thanks

Any good garden ideas?

Ricekrispie22 Tue 14-Jul-20 13:33:36

If you get a swing with a toddler seat, you could swap it to a normal seat in a couple of years and it will get so much use.
Bubble machine
Little Tikes Whale Teeter Tot

OhRosalind Tue 14-Jul-20 14:33:29

IKEA playtent, tunnel, kitchen are all good for indoors or out

BellaNutella88 Tue 14-Jul-20 14:40:26

My sons birthday is next week. We’ve bought a bubble machine and mini armchair (grandparents), a megabloks table to build on, a tent and tunnel, a mat with water crayons, books and a pirate ship toy. I wanted to get something really special but ultimately he won’t ever remember and doesn’t care... just needs some new things to amuse him as his baby toys don’t cut it anymore !

We are holding off on garden toys aside from the tent and tunnel as moving but I think a swing/ slide set is a great idea.

Awkwarddough Tue 14-Jul-20 14:43:29

We bought our little one a play kitchen from Aldi for his first birthday. That was it, some family members bought him play food etc. He got plenty of gifts.

Merrilymerrilymerrily Tue 14-Jul-20 15:03:34

Scuttlebug, pop up tunnel/tent, bubble machine, slide.

QuintusEstInHorto Tue 14-Jul-20 15:11:17

Scuttlebug here too, still lives it a year later. Nothing else as she has so much passed down to her and I hate plastic tat!

BabyLlamaZen Wed 15-Jul-20 17:19:09

Great ideas thanks. Any ideas of what to do for a first Birthday? Is there a suitable cake?

okiedokieme Wed 15-Jul-20 17:21:45

Ideally home bake a cake, then you know exactly what's in it. They don't need many gifts, they like packaging as much - kitchen set was DD's gift (I made the stove from card and bought plastic pans and food)

HarrietM87 Thu 16-Jul-20 14:16:44

We made a banana cake because he loves bananas and it seemed a bit healthier than other options!

We got him a doll which he adored and still
Plays with now aged 2. Also one of those little hammer and peg things, an aquadoodle, lots of books.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in