Talk

Advanced search

4 month old routine

(4 Posts)
Letsallscreamatthesistene Thu 09-Jul-20 13:57:14

My baby is 15 weeks old, and I have no real daytime routine for him. Very loosely he has one long nap at midday (if i can keep him asleep - its becoming increasingly difficult, but he gets so overtired if he doesnt have one) and a couple of 45min naps either side of this. We do bath/bottle/bed in the evening generally between 5.30-6. Theres no set times really. he can generally stay awake for about 90mins before needing sleep again, so this is what I go off rather than set times. Is this normal? His sleep has become more difficult recently so ive been reading about age appropriate routines. They all seem very strict on the timings for feeding/nap times.

Just wandering what everyone elses experiences were of their 4 month old and daytime routines? Do/did you have one? Did you stick to timings?

OP’s posts: |
Lou2120 Thu 09-Jul-20 20:52:54

My little one didnt really get into a routine until 20 weeks I wouldnt worry to much if your not in one yet.

Fizzingsherbert Thu 09-Jul-20 20:55:57

We were led by the baby both times and neither of ours seemed to settle into their own routine. They slept when they were tired and fed when they were hungry. It worked well for us

Ihaveoflate Thu 09-Jul-20 21:14:00

Apart from bed time and feed times (bottle fed and she fell into 4 hour routine herself) we didn't have a routine for the first 6 months. Only then did she start to have more of a pattern to her naps. By about 8 months we had a nice routine going because she was then reliably having just two naps a day.

Your baby is still young. I think you'll start to see much more routine developing in another couple of months.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in