Talk

Advanced search

Toddler duvet

(14 Posts)
Rosebud1302 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:44:24

My son has now decided he fully hates sleeping bags (it's been coming for a while) and the process of trying to get him in one before bed is making bedtime stressful. It is ok when it's warm as our house is warm anyway so I just put a light blanket over him if needed, but I would like something a bit more substantial for those slightly chillier nights.

He is 22 months. What sort of duvet should I get? He is such a fidget in bed I just can't see it staying long to be honest! Are there any recommendations? Like I said our house is warm so it really needs to be a low tog.

OP’s posts: |
minisoksmakehardwork Wed 01-Jul-20 07:49:20

We used an ikea one from much around that age. They're thin enough and light but kept them warm. I preferred it to layers of blankets.

minisoksmakehardwork Wed 01-Jul-20 07:49:50

Sorry, should have specified the ikea toddler one. Wouldn't use a full size one.

dementedpixie Wed 01-Jul-20 07:51:27

If they are still in a cot I'd get a toddler one. Maximum tog would be 4.5

DaddysGirl36 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:55:16

My son is 2 & started unzipping the bag about 3 months ago. I bought a duvet in a bag set from Smyths (also sold in Argos). He loves it as it's Toy Story. However he never sleeps under it, mainly on top. He knows how to sleep under it properly but obvs prefers not too. I didn't change it or take it out during the hot weather either as I knew he would just sleep on his sheet with pillow no problem, which he did (duvet placed at bottom of cot by him)

HeeeeyDuggee Wed 01-Jul-20 07:59:23

We have a toddler one from Asda which has been great.

mommybear1 Wed 01-Jul-20 08:13:22

The Gro Company do a sort of zip in bedding which may work for you. My 2.5 DS hated sleeping bags but is a horrible fidget and never keeps blankets on - we found slumbersacks brilliant. We got him one with feet so it's almost like wearing a coat grin. Works great keeps him warm and he doesn't fight to get it off as it's less restricted than a sleeping bag - good luck!

https://www.slumbersac.co.uk/light-weight-sleeping-bag-with-feet-stars.html

Thurlow Wed 01-Jul-20 08:38:46

Best tip I ever got off MN was to buy a normal single duvet and then turn it sideways and tuck the lengths under the mattress. Creates a sleeping bag they can't get out of for about a quarter of the price of the actual Gro ones.

Letsallscreamatthesistene Wed 01-Jul-20 13:38:32

You can get weighted duvets that help with feeling secure and snug. You can use them after the age of 1.

mindutopia Wed 01-Jul-20 14:04:59

I got a mothercare one (are they even operating anymore? I don't know). It came as a set with a toddler sized pillow and you could get duvet covers and pillow cases to fit.

Alternatively, we use a sleeping bag with feet (slumersac), which works amazingly as my 2nd one wouldn't keep a duvet on. He's okay getting in it because he can still run around and it isn't as constricting.

jennyt82 Wed 01-Jul-20 14:12:55

I got my son a toddler sized duvet and duvet cover from asda

Modestandatinybitsexy Wed 01-Jul-20 15:01:06

I had an ikea cot duvet set with pillow. I also bought a back up Tesco toddler duvet which is all in one - no cover - for when DS wet through and we needed to swap the wet one out.

If you were looking for something bigger we've just upgraded to a single duvet and M&S do a good 4.5 tog all in one duvet.

Rosebud1302 Wed 01-Jul-20 20:43:13

Thanks everyone, I will get buying!

OP’s posts: |
SnowdropFox Wed 01-Jul-20 22:36:02

My lo always wiggled out of her toddler duvet. We started putting it over her sideways and she stays under is for a lot longer if not all night.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in