Talk

Advanced search

Best toys for babies around 10 months old

(9 Posts)
BumpLoading Tue 30-Jun-20 13:53:25

Hi!

What does your 10 month old play with?

I want to buy my ds some new toys but not sure what to get as most toys seem to be too young or too grownup, any recommendations?

(I appreciate babies will happily play with anything like kitchen utensils but feel like a treat) smile

OP’s posts: |
Lockdownseperation Tue 30-Jun-20 13:54:56

My 11 month old like to take things in and out of gift bags and boxes.

Lockdownseperation Tue 30-Jun-20 13:56:19

She also lives her galt frog jack in the box.

BumpLoading Tue 30-Jun-20 14:00:44

Ooh didnt think of a jack in the box thats a nice idea!

Bellaphant Tue 30-Jun-20 14:03:40

The Tommy eggs (so far he likes bashing them but they are good for colours and shapes when they get older)

Stacking cups

I saw on insta a really easy idea: get an empty cereal box, make small holes in It and stick straws in the holes - he loves pulling them out and it feels less destructive than him emptying his wipe box again!!

Sparkle733 Tue 30-Jun-20 14:05:54

My dd 11 months loves her mega blocks also fisher price cookie shape surprise.
Sits and plays for a while with them.

BumpLoading Tue 30-Jun-20 14:16:05

These are all good ideas thank you! My DS definitely isn't ready for shape sorting but would enjoy putting the toys in and out of the cookie jar (or bashing them around, as he also mainly bashes his toys) grin

Rubyandsaphire Tue 30-Jun-20 14:53:30

Look up treasure baskets you can make your own or buy one.
Things that can grow with them such a duplo or building bricks,
Anything that moves,
Anything that they see you with eg a pretend phone, cooking sets,
Books,
Dolls,
Anything with buttons.
They don't need loads of toys, do what nursery's do and swap toys round every week stops them getting board.

BumpLoading Tue 30-Jun-20 15:09:59

Ahh great ideas thank you, I've tried a treasure basket, got 10 minutes out of a plastic hanger yippee!
Duplo bricks sound like a good idea as I imagine I'll buy some when he is older anyway so might aswell get them now smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »