Talk

Advanced search

Concerns about DD going on holiday with XH's new partner

(7 Posts)
PIPERHELLO Tue 30-Jun-20 12:22:58

Hi all, please be gentle in your responses as I am very stressed about this, as you can imagine...
My DD is going on a one-week holiday in August with my XH, his new partner and their new baby, plus another of her children from a previous relationship.
My concerns are around his new partner, who has an incident in her history with social services. As you can imagine, I am very worried. Understatement.
I have met her and she seems quite vulnerable and has clearly had a tough life, but I have nightmares about her pushing my DD off a cliff (I know, I sound bonkers) and it is starting to really stress me. I don't think XH knows about social services history (I found out not through very respectable means), and after much deliberation, I decided not to tell XH as l don't think he would believe me and I would just look vindictive.
I feel like I can't do what I naturally want to do as a mother to protect my child. She is 6. I don't want her to go, but I cannot stop it, I know this.
Please be kind in your replies and please try and give me practical, positive advice as I feel very stressed about this. Don't comment please if you are going to be unhelpful, as I really don't think I can deal with that right now.
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Persipan Tue 30-Jun-20 15:09:18

When you say an incident with social services, what kind of thing are we talking about?

Redred2429 Tue 30-Jun-20 15:10:41

It would depend on what the incident was with social services

Sunnydayshereatlast Tue 30-Jun-20 15:12:17

Unless she has moved areas then ss will know she has a new baby and be 'on the ball'..
Have you considered ringing ss for advice if you have concerns? Presumably you know details of the past incident?

LuluBellaBlue Tue 30-Jun-20 15:13:03

Yes need to know what her previous dealings with SS was to know how realistic your feelings are

Honeyroar Tue 30-Jun-20 15:20:41

Is the as incident something like pushing a child off a cliff? Or have you just built things up in your head? Do you trust your ex? Is he a good dad? He’s going to be on this holiday too, it’s not like he’s leaving your daughter alone with her. From your post I think you’re over worrying.

Jazzled Tue 30-Jun-20 15:27:17

How did you find out?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »