Talk

Advanced search

1 year old - eating

(6 Posts)
DulwichMum1234 Sat 27-Jun-20 11:26:29

How much does your 1 year old eat? My DD is nearly one. She will pick at lots of different things but never really eats with gusto. How much roughly does your 1yo eat at lunch and dinner. I would say mine is eating about 2 tablespoons per meal. Too little? Her weight is ok but I am worried she milk/weaning balance is wrong.

OP’s posts: |
Smarshian Sat 27-Jun-20 11:29:58

At that age my DD ate mountains of food. Always has. DS picked and still hasn’t got a massive appetite (he’s 2 now). They are both happy and healthy and self regulate their food. I wouldn’t worry if there are no weight issues. Is she still having lots of milk?

Lockdownseperation Sat 27-Jun-20 11:33:10

DD1 ate loads. DD2 is now 11 months and I have no clue how much she eats as she mostly feeds herself/drops it down the high chair and on the floor. She is a bit of a boob monster and still feeds about 8 times a day so I’m not worried.

Ihaveoflate Sat 27-Jun-20 13:48:03

My nearly 1yo's appetite fluctuates and she generally eats most at lunchtime, so I make sure she has all the food groups then. She has a small breakfast and picks at tea.

Her weight is good and she has hovered over the same centile line for months. She also tries everything, which I'm pleased about. I'd rather she just developed a good relationship with food at this stage, but it's so easy to worry about how much they (don't) eat.

I think sometimes it's easy to forget what a portion size is for a baby. Someone linked a good guide on another thread the other day. I'll try and find it.

Ihaveoflate Sat 27-Jun-20 13:52:32

www.cwt.org.uk › CH...PDF
Web results
Eating well for 1-4 year olds Practical guide - The Caroline Walker Trust

DulwichMum1234 Mon 29-Jun-20 15:36:57

Sorry everyone, I got side tracked. Thanks for all the answers and advice.
She is having 19-22 oz of milk per 24 hours (formula). I think my 1st was such a good eater that maybe my expectations of what is a normal portion are warped! smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in