Talk

Advanced search

Reinstate the rights of children in care

(3 Posts)
Mummyongin Sat 27-Jun-20 03:12:16

Firstly, I am fairly new to this forum so I don’t know if/where to post this and I apologise if I’ve got it wrong. It’s an issue that speaks very loudly to me and that I feel very strongly about. If you don’t feel the same that’s fine. If you do and can’t help right now that’s fine too. If you can and want to help, please do.

A small charity are taking legal action against the government to reinstate the rights of the most vulnerable children in our country. They have crowd funded through the site CrowdJustice.com to help get the legal costs involved.
This is their update on their case as of yesterday;

We have excellent news. Today, we were granted permission for a judicial review of the Department for Education’s removal and dilution of children’s legal protections pushed through overnight in April, under the guise of COVID-19. Given the seriousness of the legal changes, and the vulnerability of the affected children, Article 39 asked the court for the case to be expedited; this has also been agreed and the High Court hearing will take place on 27 and 28 July.

The High Court has granted permission for judicial review on three separate grounds:
That the Department for Education failed to consult before making the changes to children’s legal protections;
That the Regulations are contrary to the objects and purpose of primary legislation, particularly the Children Act 1989;
That the Education Secretary, Gavin Williamson MP, breached his general duty to promote the well-being of children in England.

You can read more on our website here.

With your help, we have raised 66% of our target. We have 9 days to go. If we don't reach the target of £8,000, we're not allowed to collect any of the pledges. Please keep sharing among your networks - every donation, whatever size, really does help.

THANK YOU!

OP’s posts: |
OverseasTeacher99 Sat 27-Jun-20 03:14:48

Website link please?

Mummyongin Sat 27-Jun-20 03:21:59

OverseasTeacher99

Website link please?

Sorry! Here it is

www.crowdjustice.com/case/help-us-reinstate-childrens-rights-in-care/?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Update24372078onHelpusreinstatetherightsofchildrenincareinEnglandJune262020&utm_medium=email

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in