Talk

Advanced search

How much and what type of play?

(5 Posts)
MamaJR2019 Mon 22-Jun-20 10:34:37

Just wondering how much time everyone spends playing with their LO's and what activities do you do with them? My DS is 9 months old and I often wonder whether I'm giving him enough stimulation through play along with the right activities and promoting independent play. Your views would be greatly appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
Gettingonabitnow Mon 22-Jun-20 13:16:34

I have literally just been googling this! Mine is 6 months. It’s hard at the moment isn’t it as there are no classes on.

Harrysmummy246 Mon 22-Jun-20 13:20:18

well by 6 months he was quite happy chucking stuff off the high chair table while I chattered with him and got the odd thing done

But for a baby, everything is stimulation and allows them to learn

Ihaveoflate Mon 22-Jun-20 13:22:14

Mine is nearly 1 and likes to crawl around independently. I aim for about a 50/50 split of adult led play and independent (in an enabling environment with safe stuff to explore). I think it's an important skill to develop, especially as she's an only child.

MamaJR2019 Mon 22-Jun-20 15:22:03

Yes I agree with the independent play thing as well as adult led play. We read to our DS twice a day, get the pots and pans out as well as his playmat so he can play on his own and I also sing to him most days as well and take him in the garden. It has been more difficult without the baby classes to go to and being at home all day can seem like a long time especially as my DS doesn't sleep a great deal

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in