Talk

Advanced search

Formula When Out

(3 Posts)
Everdreamer1990 Wed 17-Jun-20 11:10:14

Hi

I've recently changed my LG's formula to Sainsbury's LIttle Ones as she wasn't doing well on Aptimel.

We always used the ready to pour stuff when out but Sainsbury's don't make it.

I use a Perfect Prep machine at home so never make up bottles with a kettle so I'm somewhat confused about what I need to do.

I read on the NCT website that you can make up & store in a fridge & take out with cool pack & cool bag & use within 4 hrs. This works for us better than making up when out as she'll only have the 1 bottle when we're out anyway & she likes it from cold.

My question is, as I always use the Perfect Prep machine, when I boil the kettle and make up the feed do I have to let it cool for 30 minutes or am I ok to leave it to cool for less than 30 minutes? For example 5 to 10 minutes and then pour it in the bottle?

Once I've put the powder in the water and have shaken it do I need to cool it by running out under a tap or can I put it in the fridge straight away with a teat & lid over the top? I was under the impression you don't cool it before putting it in the fridge....

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Wed 17-Jun-20 11:15:34

Let water cool for up to 30 minutes
Cool before putting in the fridge

Chilledoutmuma Wed 17-Jun-20 19:33:53

Hey, I use a perfect prep machine and make uk the bottle and refrigerate straight away in advance if going out and then when I go out, I take a cool bag with ice packs in them and the milk will stay cold for hours. I take it out when ready to feed and it’s pretty easy! I can take a couple of feeds with me if I know I’m out all day. Sometimes I don’t make ahead of going out and just make and then put in the cool bag and leave, hope this helps! X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in