Talk

Advanced search

quick! suggestions please? DD 21mo taking pj pants and nappy off and saying hurts

(14 Posts)
fihi Sun 23-Sep-07 22:14:14

no obvious rash or probs wee-ing. least important but still a consideration she's gonna wet the bed if she keeps on. help!

Browny Sun 23-Sep-07 22:16:50

Hi Fihi, my dd2 suffered with 'sore bits' as she used to call it on and off for about three years, my g.p. said it was thrush as she was sensitive. She was prescribed Canesten cream which helped. She's 10 now and hasn't had the problem for about three years. HTH

dramaqueen Sun 23-Sep-07 22:17:55

Urinary infection? You need to collect a sample in a clean jar and take it to the doctors tomorrow. They can test it then & there.

Browny Sun 23-Sep-07 22:18:14

Oh, have you any Sudocrem cream to help sooth her and maybe a little Calpol smile.

fihi Sun 23-Sep-07 22:18:40

thanks browny! big debate just now (bare bummed daughter) cloth nappy or disposable???

lalaa Sun 23-Sep-07 22:19:16

is the nappy digging in? too tight?

fihi Sun 23-Sep-07 22:19:32

dramaqueen-will do

Browny Sun 23-Sep-07 22:20:26

lol, I've never been down the cloth nappy route, but disposables were fine for my four smile. My other daughter has never had the thrush problem thank goodness, are you going to take her to your doctor just to check her over?

fihi Sun 23-Sep-07 22:23:42

brain starting to work now. yes will go to GP. I think?? i'll look a twit if it's just her having a bee in her bonnet tonight

3Ddonut Sun 23-Sep-07 22:25:05

best to get it checked out, I'm sure GP's have seen it all, bees in the bonnet and everything!

dramaqueen Mon 24-Sep-07 20:02:34

Did you get your dd checked out today?

fihi Mon 24-Sep-07 22:07:33

oooh DQ u are a sweetie! Made appointment - which is tomorrow AM. It may still be more of a "bee in bonnet" thing, as DD has now decided she doesn't wear nappies any more (!?!) - unless of course there's an underlying problem causing stinging or something - anyway have been out today buying very titchy undies. She's pretty good at it, too. Have fortunately managed to persuade her into 'easy-whatevertheyare-pants' (nappy style) for bed, hmm see how long it takes her to bin them, hopefully not before morning...Thanks all for the advice smile and hopefully it will be sorted out tomorrow.

3Ddonut Tue 25-Sep-07 14:11:33

Any news???

fihi Tue 25-Sep-07 20:54:44

pot of piddle duly sent off by GP for lab testing. in the nicest possible way they assume buzzing bees, bonnets etc as well... no temp, rashes or anything they can see. Phew!! Nice lady doc did wonder if DD had erm, put something somewhere she shouldn't, fortunately she has not. shock
Meanwhile DD is on her second day of no-nappy freedom, only one puddle on kitchen floor just before tea when she was xtremely tired. The rest of the day she has taken herself or asked for toilet when out - i'm astounded that such a tiny little thing has just made her mind up. And just for fun (again) she has removed pj pants and nappy many times before settling down to sleep. ooo what a fab new game, mummy!!hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now