Talk

Advanced search

How would you deal with your DP?

(6 Posts)
milliec Sun 23-Sep-07 09:41:06

Message withdrawn

BroccoliSpears Sun 23-Sep-07 09:52:06

shock

Hmm, if it was me, at this point I wouldn't be ASKING DP and waiting for him to give the green light. I would be TELLING him that this was going to happen.

I would also wonder why he was so reluctant - is he worried about looking after DD by himself? Does he need a bit of a confidence boost? How much looking after her does he do when you're both at home? Do you need to let him make some decisions so he feels able to cope when you're not around?

Well, those were my first thoughts.

jellybelly25 Sun 23-Sep-07 09:57:10

Double standards ennit? Don't know what the answer is without being really confontational but I would feel exactly the same as you. Perhaps say you are definitely going and that if he can't be ther you will book a nanny then maybe he will think twice about it and make a bit more effort. If not follow through and do it. Its a shame he can't do the same for you as you do for him all the time sounds like he isn't convinced he will know what he is doing...

How old is dd?

miobombino Sun 23-Sep-07 11:23:36

Bloody hell it's not as if you're just swanning off to a spa is it ? If there's a chance his work asks him to be away can't he just flag up NOW that he won't be available that one night ?

If not just go ahead and book a nanny; the cost will no doubt focus his mind as to where his priorities should be on this occasion.

compo Sun 23-Sep-07 11:28:02

I would be majorly peed off and tell him in no uncertain terms what I thought of him.
I would tell him I was going and that if he wasn't going to be there it was up to him to make alternative arrangements.

I would also book a girlie weekend for a couple of months time and write it in his diary.

NappiesGalore Sun 23-Sep-07 11:31:37

at this point i would ask one more time if he is prepared to promise to be there in good time for you to pack and go away... and if he ums and ahhs, or is in any way not certain, i would immediately do as you say and book the night nanny on his cc. and not even bring the subject up again.

if he then questions why you did that, you can calmly explain why. you have been utterly reasonable and bent over backwards to accommodate him and he has been the total opposite on the one occasion you have asked. your work required it, so you made arrangements to fulfill your commitments. simple as.

he is being a git.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now