Talk

Advanced search

sleep issues

(2 Posts)
em713 Sat 22-Sep-07 20:09:54

please help me. my 2 1/2 yr old was sleeping from 8pm to 8 am from 3 months on, she has always been a great sleeper...NOT MY SECOND though.
she is 8 months old and still wakes for a bottle, i have tried letting her cry it out but she does not give up. it is usually about 8hours after she goes to sleep. she drinks it all and goes right back down...but i am so sick of getting up. any thoughts?

Amethyst8 Sat 22-Sep-07 21:00:18

She obviously needs it if she drinks it all. Is she on solids yet? If so you could try upping them so you will know she is not really hungry and then just try giving her some water. My DD is one year old. Goes down at 8.00pm and wakes every morning at 5 for a BF, then back for an hour or two. So you may have to carry on for another couple of months yet.

If on solids may be try giving her supper later, maybe just an hour or so before bed. DD has Breakfast, lunch, tea - usually quite light, like a yoghurt and banana with supper being her biggest meal.

This worked for me as DD was waking up for BF at 1, 3, and 5 until I structured her meals like this.

Must admit she was a big shock to me as DS - now 4 slept through 12 hours a night from about 6 weeks and was sort of expecting the same this time round. She never slept during the day either until she was nearly 9 months old. Just realised I was going to have to accept it or go nuts. smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now