Talk

Advanced search

Baby acne?!

(7 Posts)
november90 Sun 31-May-20 14:00:26

I'm a bit worried! My little boy has these spots all over his shoulders, a few on his face but his head is covered! They just look like little white spots! I feel like it's baby acne but I'm not sure. Does anyone recognise it? He's 17 days old and otherwise is absolutely fine!

OP’s posts: |
HoneyWheeler Sun 31-May-20 14:04:10

Totally normal - my son had a lot too. I left it alone for a while but then used Aveeno baby moisturiser on it and it cleared up

HoneyWheeler Sun 31-May-20 14:05:01

Having said that - I am not a doctor so if you're concerned please do call your GP!

Phillipa12 Sun 31-May-20 14:07:42

Baby acne, my ds3 was covered, all over his head, back and chest. It settled down and cleared up after a few weeks, not nice to look at though and if memory serves me correctly it appeared between weeks 2 and 3.

Dr273 Sun 31-May-20 15:51:42

Mine had that - looked like milia. Took longer to go away than the NHS site said, but did go away naturally.

dochas06 Sun 31-May-20 15:57:44

My little girl had it, disappeared in a couple of weeks, had cheeks like sandpaper for a while!

november90 Sun 31-May-20 17:36:41

Oh I'm so relived, thanks for the replies! I'm pretty sure it's baby acne as they look like spots you'd normally squeeze 😬 The poor thing he is absolutely covered!! Am I best to leave them or should I be using something? I put some breast milk on some earlier.... 🙈

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in