Talk

Advanced search

Jfc my 2 year old is so difficult

(5 Posts)
wowsaid Tue 26-May-20 19:55:15

Everything is met with a loud screechy whine at the moment, the noise he makes really makes me feel angry but I just keep trying to ignore it and hope he stops doing it.

I assume this is just normal toddler behaviour?

OP’s posts: |
SS1987 Tue 26-May-20 22:14:35

Sounds normal, 2 year old daughter hates everything that involves me touching her! Nappy change, getting dressed, washing hair. I just ignore it and carry on, the quicker I change her the sooner she stops

MrTumbleTumble Tue 26-May-20 22:17:44

Pretty normal toddler behaviour, definitely!

It might sound like a stupid suggestion but have you tried asking him to stop? My DS was absolutely screeching at the dinner table today and I told him I didn't like the noise and we practiced what sounds / volumes were ok instead. Solved the problem quickly (probably only until tomorrow, but hey, he is only 2) with no need for either of us to get annoyed.

MrTumbleTumble Tue 26-May-20 22:21:12

Sorry, that sounded so sanctimonious and I really didn't mean it to come across that way. Some days it feels like DS was purpose built to drive me insane and some days things feel really simple.
I just wanted to share one of the simple solutions I had found to help with the screeching, which goes straight through me when he does it!

Rubyroost Tue 26-May-20 23:39:58

We had a really annoying wingey noise for about two weeks on end.every time he did not get his way. Was awful and really grated. I'm not sure whether what we did worked or the phase just ran it's course. We just kept saying can you tell us what you want instead, speak to us, tell. Me what you want and please don't make that noise.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in