Talk

Advanced search

Concern about 17 months old

(9 Posts)
Nahida Tue 26-May-20 15:07:28

Hii. My dd is 17 months old will be 18 months in a week. Problem is she doesnot response to her name she used to til 10 11 months old. She doesnot wave does clap but very less used to clap very often til 2 months before. Points only to sky when we ask though from last week she use to point to sky without asking and look at us as we appreciate her with clapping .yesterday we went outside and she did it without asking. Eye contact is better. She follows simple instructions like I taught her only once to throw paper in bin now she does it when I give her paper and points to throw it bin .when I give her shoes she tries to put it in her feet . She doesn't wave but we never showed her before as I'm first time mom I never knew how imp it is now we are trying to show her. I have read about autism and I'm.very worried .we are waiting for appointment. Plz let me know if she us showing red flags?? Thanx

OP’s posts: |
Nahida Tue 26-May-20 15:35:36

I'm very worried

SomeoneElseEntirelyNow Tue 26-May-20 20:26:19

Have you spoken to your HV or GP? Have you done the mchat test?

Nahida Tue 26-May-20 20:32:26

Yeah she has been referred by Gp but we are on waiting list. She used to say baba dada when she was 11 12 months old but not now though she has started saying mama from last week but not specifically to me

Worriedcoronamum Mon 01-Jun-20 13:22:17

Hello - wondering how you were getting on as we are in same boat here but GP won't refer yet says wait and see... how is your DD getting on?

Nahida Mon 01-Jun-20 22:43:15

Which country are u living in? Can u share what signs are ur baby showing and how old is he/she?

Worriedcoronamum Tue 02-Jun-20 09:15:41

UK - she's just waving and answering name less consistently than she was and seems less happy generally but have checked and do think this is a developmental leap time so a bit less worried...

Nahida Tue 02-Jun-20 22:31:28

mine is not responding to name used to but if ask her to stop doing something by calling her name she will stop but doesnot point to things she wants doesnot wave but claps .

Worriedcoronamum Wed 03-Jun-20 08:31:39

I really hope you keep getting the right support, sounds like you’re doing all the right things. I think I’m getting a bit obsessed and looking for answers everywhere where there won’t be any clear ones for a while so won’t comment any more on this thread and just stick w GP / HV guidance for now as going a bit bananas trying to get clarity on mumsnet! Very best wishes to you and your family x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in