Talk

Advanced search

Loneliness

(5 Posts)
Jessy2903 Fri 22-May-20 22:16:59

Hi All.
Hope you are all keeping well.

The last couple of days I seem to have gone into a right slump, I'm fed up, feel so lonely etc.
Noticing what friends bother and who doesn't, who I message and they just respond all about themselves.
I know it's a tough time for everyone right now, but I don't know what happened to me? To the me that used to be so loved/liked and now could go weeks without speaking to people.
I have found myself becoming bitchy when I see things online, part of it I assume is jealousy - although I'm not sure what off?!

I'm going stir crazy!

My mother in law drives me mental, I cannot stand her and she is all I seem to be able to think about it.

Do I just accept this is life now? Get up, sort the kids, do all the washing, cleaning, cooking etc. Work full time, sort the husband out etc 🤯🤯🤯

If you got this far, thank you! Sorry to be a downer!

OP’s posts: |
missingmum Fri 22-May-20 23:51:10

Feel the same! I think the last few months of this has just worn me down, I was daydreaming today about dropping everything and flying off somewhere with a beech and leaving the kids with the husband, then realised I'd probably not get a flight and even if I could I'd have to quarantine grin

Babdoc Sat 23-May-20 09:56:57

I think many of us are getting weary with the lockdown, OP. Humans are social animals, and living in isolation is not good for us. This is not life, it’s just existence, with all the parts that make life worthwhile banned.
I live alone, and have been ill with Covid for over eight weeks. I actually enjoyed my time in hospital, once I was out of my
isolation cubicle, as I was in a busy recovery ward and could chat to the staff.
Things will slowly improve. The lockdown is already being eased, and the country’s finances will not allow it to continue much longer.
Sadly, the things that will be the last to return will be all the things that make life most enjoyable- theatres, restaurants, sports fixtures, concerts, pubs, holidays.
In the meantime, try to make the most of walks, distanced chats, books, tv, games, video calls to friends and relatives.
If you’re in England, you can go to the countryside, garden centres etc.
Spare a thought for those of us in Scotland, stuck for another week just so that idiot Sturgeon can pretend to be different to England!

Jessy2903 Sat 23-May-20 11:55:45

Oh goodness that sounds so horrible for you! I know that I have it good compared so some people, but it just seems I am the one that has to hold everything together all the time and no one is bothered about me.
DH is frontline emergency service so when he's home, he doesn't really do anything with the kids.
I think I need to make the time for a hobby ... or just drink more wine 🤣🤣

OP’s posts: |
Babdoc Sat 23-May-20 18:14:04

Definitely find some time for yourself, OP - whether hobbies or wine! And your struggles are just as valid as those of people living alone, simply different. I don’t have your pressures of having to feed and supervise kids with little back up, for example. We will all get through this eventually- the infection and death rates are dropping, lockdown is being slowly lifted - there is a better future not far away now. Chin up!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in