Talk

Advanced search

Water and milk

(4 Posts)
WindFlower92 Wed 20-May-20 12:21:36

Couple of questions because the internet is confusing me! Got a soon to be 1yo; how much water should she be drinking a day? I've seen answers vary from 1-5 cups, so any ideas which it is? Obviously this will go up on hot days like today!

I'm also looking at what we'll do about milk - she's pretty much ebf still but will take formula. I want to stop with formula and start her on cows milk; do I just start doing this slowly from now? Anything I should know? And how much of this a day should she be having?

Thanks lovely people!

OP’s posts: |
SnowdropFox Wed 20-May-20 12:29:38

Tbh I was just led by my lo. If shes thirsty she drinks. As long as it wasnt excessive amounts and she was doing plenty wet nappies we were happy.
We leave a cup of water out and she drinks regularly herself. Have a cup of milk at meal times along with a fresh cup of water and leave her to it.
Weve replaced her bfs with cows milk at 1 year as I was going back to work and my supply had dropped completely. At 21 months she just has about 100ml cows milk before nap and bedtime.

Temple29 Wed 20-May-20 20:44:57

We stopped formula at 12 months and just switched to milk with breakfast and before bed, water with meals in between and I leave a cup of water out and he sips at it throughout the day. Took the cow’s milk no problem.

Some days he will only drink 2oz of water and some days a lot more but he has 16oz of milk so I’m not worried and plenty of wet nappies.

WindFlower92 Wed 20-May-20 21:29:42

Thanks both - left a bottle of water out today which she had loads of, and will give some milk with breakfast tomorrow!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in