Talk

Advanced search

Still so exhausted

(12 Posts)
Cp1402 Tue 09-Jun-20 20:27:47

Thanks for replies have only just seen them e. I will get vitamin and iron levels checked once Covid has calmed down. My baby is 12 months and does sleep through which I know is lucky but I have PND and I’m constantly waking up unable to get back to sleep sometimes and then baby is up at 430-5am. I do bf but not overnight. The early starts really get to me i struggle to make it through the days. Nice to know it’s not just me x

OP’s posts: |
Sipperskipper Fri 22-May-20 17:34:49

I am always knackered and DD has just turned 3. She sleeps like an angel, and has since very small, so its not that. Am pregnant at the moment but did feel like this before.

I think its just the 'constantness' of it - DD doesn't stop talking / asking questions / wanting my general attention. She hasn't napped for about a year, so there is no downtime in the day, especially now there's no preschool due to lockdown!

She is lovely, and I love her energy and curiosity to bits, but there isn't a second in the day to just sit quietly and gather my thoughts / have a rest with a cup of tea in peace. Its something I used to do a lot pre-parent (that, and have the odd sofa nap!) which I just don't ever do now.

Dominikaa Fri 22-May-20 17:24:00

thanks for posting this...I am feeling exhausted to the point I started to cry during morning walk with the lil one...had a chat with hubby re this & we're trying to work out how this can be fixed...we still have sex but we have to make sure its not too late otherwise I am too tired confused

I am thinking now perhaps nanny would be a good investment just for couple of months...I know its sounds posh but lol ones suck all the energy out of you and more...in my head I am starting to think its better to spend some money for help than being in the zombie zone and let's face it- risk our marriage...I am getting snappy & angry when doing the night shifts with lil one...she is almost 10 months and still breastfeeding so no point for him to do night shifts + he doesn't wake up sooner than I do which means I have to wake him up to attend to lil one which ultimately means we're both tired & grumpy in the morning.

I will take some iron now hope it will help.

Stay strong sisters smile

Teacher2019 Sat 16-May-20 19:04:09

I'm so happy you shared this. I feel exactly the same as you. But my LO is 6 months. I feel beyond exhausted. Never thought I would feel this tired. (Ftm)

ManualFlusherSnot Fri 15-May-20 19:02:08

Great that’s working for you “Livingthatlockdownlife!”)

LivingThatLockdownLife Fri 15-May-20 18:06:11

So I should go to my GP too?!

At DC1 age 1 I was still on broken sleep and just wanted to be left alone when not at work and DC1 was asleep! But I'm an introvert who needs plenty of peace and quiet anyway. Turns out I get "touched out" very easily too.

Now onto DC2 and it's easier only because I've found what works to help me recharge and also have no qualms about telling DH when and how to support me / pull his weight.

Harrysmummy246 Fri 15-May-20 18:01:36

How old is baby @Cp1402

Selfsettling3 Fri 15-May-20 16:48:36

Definitely speak to GP.

Is your baby bf? Are you able to share the night wakings?

ManualFlusherSnot Fri 15-May-20 16:06:18

I agree that you should have your iron/vitamin levels checked.

I was exhausted after my first was born. I went to the doctors and had my bloods checked and I was low in iron and vitamin b12.
Once that was sorted I felt better than I had done, but still a bit tired all the time, which is natural when you’re a parent.

Fandoozle1 Fri 15-May-20 15:59:39

Six years into parenthood and I'm constantly exhausted. Currently sat on the sofa trying to muster up enough strength to cook dinner. I feel your pain OP.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 15-May-20 15:54:11

I can remember being very tired but it might be worth getting your iron levels checked, especially if you are having some nights where you are sleeping and still no interest in sex.

The other thing it might be is depression?

Cp1402 Fri 15-May-20 10:50:07

Ever since becoming a mum I’m constantly exhausted, I’m so grateful to have a baby but I underestimated how tired I would be and how it would affect me and my mood. Baby is one now so not even a little baby. I still have no interest in sex at all I would rather go to bed alone as soon as baby does, even when he sleeps through the night I still find myself waking up which is making it worse, I’m always running on broken sleep. Are some people just better at coping with it than others ? Will I ever feel like my old self again?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in