Talk

Advanced search

Long daytime naps..should I wake her up?

(8 Posts)
Crazydiamond106 Wed 06-May-20 15:55:50

My little girl is 15 weeks old and had started sleeping amazingly 7 or 8 hrs stints followed by 3 or 4 hours a few weeks ago. The last few days we’re back on waking every 2 hours all night..I’m guessing 4mth sleep regression.

During the day she has three naps..two that last 45 mins and one that lasts 3 - 4 hours. Do I need to wake her during the long nap as she’s now sleeping longer in the day than at night?

OP’s posts: |
NuffSaidSam Wed 06-May-20 16:02:12

It's up to you really.

If it was me I would wake her after 2 hours.

purpleme12 Wed 06-May-20 16:08:57

Well I would always wake mine as I wanted mine to go to sleep at an ok time at night

Bobbybobbins Wed 06-May-20 16:12:27

I agree that two hours is a good cut off for a daytime nap unless they are ill.

inwood Wed 06-May-20 16:19:06

Yes I would walk after a couple of hours

THNG5 Wed 06-May-20 16:36:12

What time does she go to bed? My third loves to sleep but I don't let her sleep after a certain time so she goes back down at bedtime. I think at 15 weeks, I wouldn't let her go past 4 30pm. She's now 11 months and I don't let her sleep past 3:30pm. She sleeps so much more than my other 2 ever did!

whensmynexthol1day Wed 06-May-20 17:31:44

Some kids are just sleepers. My first born slept reliably for 3 hours every afternoon until he was two. They don't need a routine at 15 weeks. I would only wake them if you think they aren't getting enough milk through the day.

Smillar2020 Thu 07-May-20 13:10:23

My baby has always slept for a solid 3-4 hours every day, usually late morning. No matter how much she sleeps through the day she always sleeps brilliantly at night. I worried about her “oversleeping” but it’s certainly not an issue (great for me getting a bit of time to myself!)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in