Talk

Advanced search

What things have your toddlers had a tantrum about? (Lighthearted)

(30 Posts)
LunaHardy Thu 30-Apr-20 16:40:05

So today my dd (just 2) had an absolute melt down because she wanted Robinson's apple and blackcurrant squash from the unopened bottle and not the Robinson's apple and blackcurrant squash from the opened bottle. Yesterday her world ended because she couldn't reach the biscuits (duh) so when I got one for her she lost it because she wanted to get it herself.

Any one else living with little demons? 😩

OP’s posts: |
whitetoblerone Thu 30-Apr-20 16:42:05

We asked our almost 2 year old to eat his tea 🤷🏽‍♀️

Fedhimtotigers Thu 30-Apr-20 16:45:06

My 3 year old wanted two eggs. I gave her two eggs.

Acidrain Thu 30-Apr-20 16:46:59

My 2 year old wanted wet socks not dry socks on today

KellyHall Thu 30-Apr-20 16:47:02

My 3 year old wanted to eat the apple she'd just eaten.

Hulahoopqueen Thu 30-Apr-20 16:53:34

DSS age 2 wanted Peppa Pig on this morning. Howled with injustice when Peppa was duly put on, rather than the Gruffalo, which is apparently what he meant by screaming “PEPPA PEPPAAAAA”

vampirethriller Thu 30-Apr-20 17:02:32

She put her foot on a stick and cried because her foot was on a stick.

SeriouslySoDoneIn Thu 30-Apr-20 17:11:11

2 year old has decided his 8 year old brothers name is “dayday”. 8 year olds name is nowhere close to this, nor contains any of those letters but despite that, if you refer to 8 year old by his proper name it results in full blown hysterics from 2 year old. Currently trying to figure out if I can refuse to be a parent anymore

Ouchjuststoodonlego Thu 30-Apr-20 17:11:53

I flushed the toilet after having a wee and she wanted to wee on top of my wee.

Sammilouwho Thu 30-Apr-20 17:21:15

She hasn’t had a nap and everything is upsetting her. I made her favourite for tea and apparently she wanted something she normally hates. She also breaks down if you call her a princess, she’s a king, don’t you dare call her anything else. Ah to be 2 again!

sittingonacornflake Thu 30-Apr-20 17:26:29

Love this thread. My toddler asked for a banana. I gave him a banana. It seems I am hideous.

sarahc336 Thu 30-Apr-20 17:29:52

Because I asked her not to try and put the cat into her peppa pig toy house,l which is about half the size of the cat confused the poor cat !!!

ScarfLadysBag Thu 30-Apr-20 17:30:32

My DD found and put her bib on and then cried because her bib was on but there was no food.

LunaHardy Thu 30-Apr-20 17:50:55

I am cracking up at some of these 😂

OP’s posts: |
CobaltRose96 Thu 30-Apr-20 17:57:53

My one year old cried because I wouldn’t let her eat a banana skin she pulled out of the bin. How dare I hmm

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Thu 30-Apr-20 18:02:01

DS 2y2m is obsessed with the book Tough Trucks from the Amazing Machines series.

Today the people next door were having their driveway done so a big lorry with paving stones etc pulled up. DS was ecstatic: "Tough truck! Tough truck!" We had to stand in the rain watching it for half an hour.

When it left he was inconsolable, sobbing "come back, tough truck! Please, tough truck!" And almost stopping breathing with rage/ sorrow.

LajesticVantrashell Thu 30-Apr-20 18:26:02

He wanted to get dressed before me. He was already dressed.

I wouldn't wipe his face with a Dettol wipe.

Daddy makes better dens than me.

BertieBotts Thu 30-Apr-20 18:29:11

The other day my 19mo repeatedly lost it because he kept trying to scrunch a cloth up into a ball and when he let go, it didn't stay in a ball, it just went all open and flat again. He repeated this experiment with several more cloths much to his displeasure.

Burgerandchipvan Thu 30-Apr-20 18:43:32

When I stopped him jumping off a 4 ft high wall.
When I stopped him repeatedly touching his bum in the bath
When I tried to help him with his top because his head was stuck in it.

Last night featured a 20 minute scream fest because his dad tried to read him a book.

Fedhimtotigers Thu 30-Apr-20 18:48:49

The 9month old had a screaming fit because she can't get up the stairs but her sister can.

Littlehouseinthebigcity Thu 30-Apr-20 18:52:17

I wouldn't let her take the shower squeegee to bed with her...

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Thu 30-Apr-20 18:53:13

The banana didn't have a sticker on it. Sigh

Cattenberg Thu 30-Apr-20 19:04:13

DD is two.

I said to her “Wow, you look pretty today!” Unfortunately, this reminded her that she was wearing a dress and she hates them.

She wanted me to read her a particular book and fetched it. But she wanted me to read a different story than the one printed in it.

PaperDreamsHoney Thu 30-Apr-20 19:14:59

His sister said goodnight to him. (He wanted to say it first and for her to then say it back.)

Kangourou Thu 30-Apr-20 19:18:27

My 18mo had a full-on screaming fit because she can't walk around wearing my size 5 trainers. Oh the injustice....

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in