Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bed wetting

(8 Posts)
PSCMUM Fri 14-Sep-07 22:21:25

really honestly, can everyone please tell me how old their children were when they were dry at night?
my dd's are both dry, my ds, the oldest, at 8, still wet most nights. the poor thing. any tips? any similar stories?

bananaknickers Fri 14-Sep-07 22:23:57

have you been to your Gp?

bananaknickers Fri 14-Sep-07 22:24:46

My DD is five and I have been told they won't do anything for me until she is at least 7

PSCMUM Fri 14-Sep-07 22:29:30

yes, went years ago when he was 5, was told sticker charts and to get back together with my ex as it was our split (18 months previously) which had caused the problem.
haven't rushed back!

Nat1H Fri 14-Sep-07 22:29:58

My DS was 4. I would try your GP. Is he a really deep sleeper? Does it help if you wake him to go when you go to bed?

bananaknickers Fri 14-Sep-07 22:32:51

try now then, think they have alarms for bed and other bits to try. My friends ds was made to drink more fluids during the day. Ask to be seen by someone to help. Think I will be there too in two years as DD is 5 now and has a handful of dry nights so far, She even wets at school some days

juuule Fri 14-Sep-07 22:38:56

My latest to be dry at night was 9+. He stopped with no gadgets. Was just a late stopper of the night-time wetting. (I can be light-hearted about it now but it was a bit worrying at the time.) I think they stop when they are ready and anything else is to make the parents feel like they tried and time passes and then they are dry.(Although as with everything else there are probably the exceptions.)

IlanaK Fri 14-Sep-07 22:41:55

We have this problem with my 6 year old. Stickers would be useless as it is not a behaviour issue. We are thinking of travelling round the world for 6 months in about a year's time and the thought of having to take adn get hold of replacement bedwetter nappies fills me with dread. He is never dry in the mornings.

My 3 year old is dry most mornings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now