Talk

Advanced search

boy is 2.5 year old need tips on how to decorate his room bedding curtains etc ?

(10 Posts)
foxy1 Fri 14-Sep-07 19:13:56

are there any good websites that gfive you ideas> I want his room to be relaly nice. bit different and not too over the top/bright. thank you

charmkin Fri 14-Sep-07 19:20:12

me too so bumping

MrsBadger Fri 14-Sep-07 19:20:34

plain colours that will last

then go mad with stickers you can peel off when he gets bored

MilaMae Fri 14-Sep-07 22:00:05

I would do something that will last a long time, that won't be too babyish when he's 6.

We painted our dt's room pale blue then got the cars range from Next not Disney cars but a lovely vehicles fabric. We got some furniture from Ikea and a chest of draws we painted from Argos. Pine toddler beds from Argos (the same as GLTC but only £79 with mattress.It looks fab.

Next have very clever ranges that won't look babyish in a few years time but a little boy would love too. The digger one looks great and you could add to it over time. A lot of the ideas in other catologues like GLTC are v expensive and a tad babyish IMHO.

We're going to redo it when they're 6 maybe go for the space or dinosaurs theme whatever would last the longest.

TheodoresMummy Sat 15-Sep-07 17:56:01

Have a look at IKEA website.

I love their baby/children's fabrics.

suzywong Sat 15-Sep-07 17:57:16

litter the carpet with odd pieces of Transformers and lego now

you may as well both get used to it

Othersideofthechannel Sat 15-Sep-07 20:04:33

Tee hee

Waswondering Sat 15-Sep-07 20:06:17

I got matching curtains and bedding from Asda, painted the walls plain. Figured that with change from £15 for curtains and two duvet sets, it was ok if he doesn't want a space themed room in a year or two! wink

Heated Sat 15-Sep-07 20:15:34

My son has the Next pirate ship wall-border and duvet. Otherwise the room is painted a neutral cream and has blue curtains with silver eyelets and cream furniture from Kidsmill. It's been quite easy to keep in with the sea/pirate theme (like a lighthouse bedside lamp) without going OTT and should last him until he decides he wants nubile young women on the wall lol!

tiredemma Sat 15-Sep-07 20:20:23

MY ds also has the Next Pirate ship range- he has the duvet set, curtains and pirate rug- we kept the rest of his room neutral to make it easier to change as he gets older.

Next have some really good ranges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now