Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have i set myself up for trouble buy getting DS DVD for Xmas?

(10 Posts)
PregnantGrrrl Thu 06-Sep-07 11:07:04

DS will be 18mths at Xmas, and i've just bought him a Hoobs DVD for a Xmas present. I don't usually 'condone' little ones being left in front of a telly all day, but he loves it when it comes on if he's up early- singing, dancing, clapping etc, and we don't put kids TV on for him other than that.

Plus i've got a new baby on the way, and i think any entertainment for him may be a plus.

Suddenly recalled the hell of having to watch a Sooty video 7 times a day with little brother as a kid after i bought it thoughhmm

nailpolish Thu 06-Sep-07 11:10:11

I THINK dvds are good if they are tired and need a rest from running around etc - you can put it on, they can watch it, when its finished its switched off, unlike telly that is on ALL day iyswim
also, if you need to go and have a shower, make an important phone call, you can put it on then. better than the shite on the telly with all the adverts etc

the adverts just create problems (well they do in my house "can i have that mummy, i want that one mummy") etc

Nat1H Thu 06-Sep-07 21:23:36

Don't see what's wrong with a DVD as long as it's not on all day!
The Hoobs are quite educational as well!
Good luck with the baby smile

chloesmumtoo Fri 07-Sep-07 09:27:03

Dont worry, my two have always had a large collection of childrens dvd's and to be honest have never come to any harm. Ds in particular learnt loads from a very early age by watching them and has grown into a very calm,settled young man with no probems at all with school ect.

law3 Fri 07-Sep-07 14:07:39

wow youve got Xmas present already, im so unorganised!!!

I wouldnt listen to the 'experts' who tell you no TV, no sweets, no junk food, bet they dont even have kids!!

My feeling everything in moderation

PregnantGrrrl Sat 08-Sep-07 11:10:51

I'm not that organised usually- and we don't spend much on Xmas at all- but i'll be on maternity come Xmas, so thought it was better to start now.

I think the unparalleled pleasure i'll get from watching him dancing and laughing will outweigh any damage anyway!

Jennster Sat 08-Sep-07 11:30:56

Good luck with baby. Just bought my dd her first dvd. Bob the builder first series. So far she has watched 2 episodes once. It's a treat, but then she is only 19 months old. It's the theme tune she loves anyway. I wondered how she knew it when she had never seen it at home and apparently they sing it at nursery because the boys love it. If it stops her from poking, prodding and whacking her little brother (7 weeks) then great. wink

Jennster Sat 08-Sep-07 11:31:28

Oh and I've bought 5 christmas presents already blush Very sensible too!

glitterchick Sat 08-Sep-07 18:35:10

Fair play to you for starting your Xmas shopping.

Tortington Sat 08-Sep-07 18:36:27

i think you should buy cartoons you like

i like pingu - pingu ROCKS YEAHHH

take back the hoobs and swap for pingu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now