Talk

Advanced search

2 year old waking 4/5 times every night HELP

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Chilly16 Thu 13-Feb-20 13:05:26

my DS was 2 last month and has since been waking a lot throughout the night. He wakes screaming our names and can get distressed quite quickly. When we go in, he is stood up at the end of his bed waiting for us to respond. As soon as we go in, he lies down, we tuck him in and he goes off to sleep. This happens 4/5 times a night. We’ve tried controlled crying, night light, plug ins, using a sleep bag and a duvet, kept our usual bedtime routine, calming music and comfort toys. Nothing seems to work. I can’t find anyone who is having or has had the same issues and it’s making me feel very lonely. He manages to settle himself to sleep during the day when he naps and again at night after a story. He hasn’t been the best sleeper since his birth but this feels like we’ve gone so far backwards, it is making us miserable and we are just exhausted. Myself and my partner both work too. Has anyone been through this? Any advice or new approaches welcome 🙏

soniamumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Feb-20 14:40:50

Hi @Chilly16 just bumping this for you, so hopefully some Mumsnetters will be along soon with useful advice. flowers

OnlyFoolsnMothers Fri 14-Feb-20 15:23:46

Is he waking to feed?

If not, sounds very similar to night terrors- my LO 2.5, has suffered with them the last few months. Wakes up screaming maybe 2 x a night, which seems a lot for a child that otherwise sleeps through.
The only other reason she can scream out is because shes cold- is the room warm enough?

Janaih Fri 14-Feb-20 15:34:35

My dd is 2.5 and she went through a phase of this recently, it was 6 long weeks but touch wood shes back to sleeping through.

I suspect its developmental or teething.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »