Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Should I be shocked

(8 Posts)
wheresthevalium Thu 30-Aug-07 09:12:23

That my 4yo DD2 asked a friend who was staying over to 'smell my flower'?????

Flower is our euphemism for lady garden round here!

DP had gone to the loo, and was standing outside the girls bedroom listening to them babbling and chatting when she said it, he dashed in and told them all to go to sleep. Is this normal??

Aaaaargh blush

HuwEdwards Thu 30-Aug-07 09:15:14

oh yes I'm sure it is - I have 2 dds, one 4yo and one 6yo. They're obsessed with their nether ends!

mummydoit Thu 30-Aug-07 09:15:34

Quite normal, I would say. My DSs find it hilarious to ask us to smell their toes. Small children just think of their privates as another body part and don't understand the need to keep them private. Showing each other and touching each other are very common so I don't think this is any different. Just gently discourage it.

wheresthevalium Thu 30-Aug-07 09:15:46

Also, should I tell the friends mum?

HuwEdwards Thu 30-Aug-07 09:28:18

I would just say (in a very light-hearted way) 'I overheard a 'flower' conversation, so it seems that phase is well and truly with us!' or something to that effect. Just in case her dd mentions something.

wheresthevalium Thu 30-Aug-07 09:53:59

I know I am trying to squirm out of telling her, but the friend didn't seem to know what DD2 was talking about

fizzylemonade Thu 30-Aug-07 18:05:50

My son was 'invitied' into the toilet with his best friend who is a girl. She is 5 he is 4. They did it twice. Luckily her Mum is a really good friend and there so we could have a laugh about it.

The girl has an older brother so knows all about willies but I only have 2 boys so girls bits are a mystery. I was dying thinking that he would ask to see her lady garden.

It is totally normal behaviour. I understand your reluctance to tell the mother of the other girl. It has a meaning to adults that children have no concept of. I would just try to laugh it off when I told her.

EscapeFrom Thu 30-Aug-07 18:07:34

they think it is funny becuase they thiink wee is funny, and that's where wee comes from. That's all!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: