Talk

Advanced search

Weaning book recommendations??

(8 Posts)
Emjm9 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:02:58

Hi all!

My DS is still only 3 months old but I want to be armed with all of the info about weaning before he hits 6 months.

Does anyone have any recommendations for useful books about weaning for complete beginners? I've looked on Amazon but would rather go on recommendation!

Thank you smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-Jan-20 07:19:17

Try this one. Did you know there's a weaning section on MN too OP and weaning recipes in the recipes section? smile

Emjm9 Wed 15-Jan-20 08:02:25

@jiltedjohnsjulie thank you, I'll have a look... I actually had no idea there was a weaning section on here but I will certainly find it now!!

theruffles Wed 15-Jan-20 08:51:44

I really like Annabel Karmel's books. She also shares recipes on her Instagram page and has an app with suggestions and ideas. I'd also really recommend the Body Coach's Wean in 15 Instagram page (book coming out later this year I think). All of his recipes are quick and simple - I think the idea is you can make them within 15 minutes or so? He also has some good advice about the first foods to give your baby and not to give up/feel deflated if they don't want the things you've made for them. I've also found SR Nutrition to have some good advice too.

Good luck! It may be an idea to get some of the food storage pots from Amazon so you can freeze portions of things if you make them in batches. Makes it a lot easier when you've got things on hand ready for the days you don't feel like making something!

Abouttimemum Wed 15-Jan-20 10:28:02

I’m brand new to all this too and just followed the NHS guidelines. It’s all pretty straightforward / common sense once you get your head around it. DS is 9 months and has a combination of finger foods with spoon fed home made meals and he’s a little gannet lol. Took to it all really smoothly.

SisterA Wed 15-Jan-20 10:49:29

I really liked Young Gums! Loads of tasty recipes and good for the whole family smile

Emjm9 Wed 15-Jan-20 19:31:39

Thank you so much everyone, will take a look at all of your suggestions xx

HotPotatoBlessMySoul Wed 15-Jan-20 19:38:57

You can not possibly trust the body coach?
He who starves poor indie for hours to ensure she eats the same meals he puts before her?
Choose someone who has qualifications in nutrition please.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »