Talk

Advanced search

Organic Cotton Blanket...help.

(13 Posts)
PPopsicle Tue 14-Jan-20 18:29:47

Looking for a blanket for at night for 18 month old. He has a sleeping bag but I think a blanket might help for weight/comfort etc.

Look at Aden Anais dream blanket as read organic cotton is best as most breathable.

Any other suggestions?

dementedpixie Tue 14-Jan-20 18:34:26

You're not supposed to use a blanket with a sleeping bag

PPopsicle Tue 14-Jan-20 18:37:42

Thank you but I asked for suggestions of a good organic cotton blanket, not how to look after my child

dementedpixie Tue 14-Jan-20 18:42:03

Meh, do what you want then.

PPopsicle Tue 14-Jan-20 18:44:47

What a delightful person you are

Orangedaisy Tue 14-Jan-20 18:45:48

My daughters has a sleeping bag and blanket and has done since about 18mo. Sure she sleeps better being warmer and can kick it off if she needs to. Sorry no specific recommendations.

LauraPalmersBodybag Tue 14-Jan-20 18:49:58

Not organic, but good quality cotton - Mama Designs do nice big cellular blankets in lovely colours. The cellular design makes them breathable but they have a good weight to them.

My dd’s old bedroom was bloody freezing at night time in the winter, we used one with no issue and she slept better.

ValiaH Tue 14-Jan-20 18:50:42

Frugi have some lovely blankets: www.welovefrugi.com/sale/all-baby-toddler-clothes/view-all/snug_as_a_bug_blanket_2_grey_marl_penguin.htm as do kite clothing. www.kite-clothing.co.uk/collections/baby-blankets Maxomorra did some too but they are smaller, however if its just for weight then it could be ideal as he could have it just over the arms/ chest area and be able to move it easily? www.eddieandmin.co.uk/product-category/organic-baby-clothes/blankets/

Apileofballyhoo Tue 14-Jan-20 18:52:07

I think living crafts might do blankets.

PPopsicle Tue 14-Jan-20 18:55:20

@Orangedaisy exactly this, my little one just loves to be toasty warm, which does surprise me as DH still sleeps with an electric blanket in the summer!

I have never heard of any of these other brands, thanks so much for the recommendations, really appreciated!

Apileofballyhoo Tue 14-Jan-20 18:55:25

Here's a blog with a list of suppliers of organic children's stuff. It's an Irish blog but lots of UK and EU suppliers on it. I've seen organic baby stuff in Aldi from time to time and they have a baby and toddler event at the moment.

livinglightlyinireland.wordpress.com/2018/07/20/sustainable-ethical-kids-clothes/amp/

PPopsicle Tue 14-Jan-20 18:59:53

A brilliant blog, that’s my evening reading sorted! Thank you

Apileofballyhoo Tue 14-Jan-20 20:15:35

YW!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »