Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you wonder why you bother planning and doing nice things for your children when they just whinge and whine and generally are a PITA?

(19 Posts)
oliveoil Tue 28-Aug-07 10:51:16

Because my two are going to watch farkin tv for the next few months while I read a magaazine angry

picnic - I want to go home now
new shoes - dd2 tantrum from hell, and I mean vvvvvvv bad shock
day out - I want to go home
birthday lunch for dd2 - general havoc and annoyance

honestly, I am so glad to be at work today

rant

stealthsquiggle Tue 28-Aug-07 10:55:33

Yes, I do wonder, frequently

Me to DS: You're going riding this afternoon
DS: "Awwwwwwwww"

Me - wondering why I am spending time and money when I could leave him in front of TV instead, but it's not fair to the riding school not to go now. angry

Similarly -

Me: we are going out for lunch with Granny & Grandad as a treat (and to use up Tesco deal vouchers which will expire this week wink)

DS (when we are halfway there!) (in whingy tone): I wish we could have lunch at home.

I give up!

MrsWeasley Tue 28-Aug-07 10:57:10

mine were like this yesterday. They couldnt be nice for 2 minutes I do admit that from their view we were being boring (buying cushions and shoes) but we were doing it quickly and not spending ages in everyshop and we did try to involve them. (we knew what we wanted and from where, so it was just a case of going in and buying the items. The shoe shoping was easy compared with other years)

The result was I went into Asda and got some croissants and brioche my theory was that with full mouths they couldnt argue wrong) then early to bed in the evening (aww bliss grin)

BBBee Tue 28-Aug-07 10:57:25

they can be ungrateful bastards at times. Nothing constructive to add but I feel your pain.

DUSTIN Tue 28-Aug-07 10:58:50

I know what you mean. We took DS out to a safari park at weekend. He had 5 tantrums in an hour so we got fed up and went home early. What a waste of money!

oliveoil Tue 28-Aug-07 11:07:58

oh honestly, I sat in the restaurant saying ffs this is the last time we do anything ever again, all dramatic (obs muttered under my breath)

but why do we bother?

I tell you, I am on strike

Blackduck Tue 28-Aug-07 11:28:01

Took ds on holiday with us 'cos he wanted to go and got 'I want Nana, want to stay with Nana' ALL the way to the airport....... AHHHH

KTeePee Tue 28-Aug-07 11:44:07

I do think they actually prefer the routine of being at school rather than relaxing a bit more in the holidays..... Ds1 (6) has being having tantrums again over these holidays. Generally deciding he wants to do the opposite to everyone else and over the most ridiculous things. I heard the other day about a family who used to have a party (for adults) to celebrate when the kids went back to school - can see why lol!

LadyTophamHatt Tue 28-Aug-07 11:46:23

good god , yes I bloody do.

Ungrateful little feckers.

Tinker Tue 28-Aug-07 11:48:27

I'm on strike for teh rest of teh holidays now. Have had many a screaming rant about watching to much tv/sitting in front of pc (ahem) and why can't she do something constructive. Today, I officially resign and she can do what she likes and I no longer care. Term-time working has BIG downsides

lucykate Tue 28-Aug-07 11:51:58

yes, all the time. i called off a trip to a soft play centre because there were so many tears just over getting dressed, shoes on etc. in the end i just said if its this hard to just get out the door, i'm not doing it.

tbh, i know there is great pressure to do lots during the school holidays, dh keeps saying to me, what have you got planned today? hmm, but dd in particular, is most happy at home, playing with her toys.

oliveoil Tue 28-Aug-07 11:53:34

now, ahem, feeling a bit guilty now

dd2 moaned she had tummy ache this morning

dh has phoned and said he IS AT THE HOSPITAL WITH HER shock

she was writhing in pain, now at A&E, doc reckons constipation or 'upset'

do you think she was coming down with something and that is why she has been a pita?

oh dear

he wants me to leave work and go home as she is crying for me, is it really bad to stay here if she is not actually ill (iyswim?)

Tinker Tue 28-Aug-07 11:56:48

Poor thing. But she could still have been a pita [hard mother emoticon]

oliveoil Tue 28-Aug-07 11:58:30

oh she was most Definitely a pita

she screeched right through M&S foodhall, right through the street and threw her shoes and socks on the pavement

waiting for dh to call to see if I go home

but <<confession: bad mother alert>> I know that he can deal with it and tbh I want some bloody peace blush

claricebeansmum Tue 28-Aug-07 12:00:09

This end of the holidays are so hard.

DS craves routine of school...

Dropdeadfred Tue 28-Aug-07 12:00:33

well - do you need to be there if dh is?

oliveoil Tue 28-Aug-07 13:20:58

(they are back home now

she is ok, had some liquid stuff from the doctor, still wants 'mummmmmeeeeeeeee'

but dh is holding the fort, I may leave early)

but my earlier strop still holds, they are ungrateful little beeps smile

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 13:23:08

Message withdrawn

Hurlyburly Tue 28-Aug-07 13:23:54

I wonder the same thing Olive.

Yesterday, I found myself holding my breath and counting to ten, before saying:

"If I hear one more complaint I am going to confiscate all electronic gizmos including your DSs and you won't get them back until the holidays are over."

It worked but I hate threatening them. Even more than threatening them, I hate enforcing said threats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now