Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

refusing the breast

(5 Posts)
Lovelove Mon 27-Aug-07 21:07:28

Can anyone help? Recently my three month old DS's feed before bed has become a nightmare, he'll feed for a few minutes, then start refusing, arching his back and getting very agitated and upset. It can go on for two or three hours on a bad night, or ten minutes on a good night. his other feeds are generally OK. Tonight I was so tired and sick of it all I gave in and gave him formula which he had without any problems. Any ideas what's going on? It's so upsetting for both of us....I've heard of babies refusing bottles but not the breast.

PetitFilou1 Mon 27-Aug-07 21:44:43

Hi lovelove try posting under breast and bottle feeding - you are more likely to get the help you need (if you haven't tried already)
Btw babies certainly do refuse the breast - I have fast letdown and ds had reflux so had problems there and with dd she refused to feed at all when her pre-molars started coming through (but I didn't mind at that point as I was ready to stop - she was 13.5 months by then). It SOUNDS to me like your ds might be getting frustrated as you don't have enough milk by the end of the day at the moment but I am not an expert - there are some really helpful people around on here - hopefully they can help you. Good luck.

Lovelove Mon 27-Aug-07 21:51:35

Thanks, its good to know I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I've posted under breastfeeding now as well.

PetitFilou1 Mon 27-Aug-07 21:55:37

I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow and bump your thread for you if you don't get a reply (but I'm sure you will)

Lovelove Mon 27-Aug-07 22:08:41

Yr a star. Got some good replies from the breast and bottle feeding section, feel a lot better now, thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now