Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lightweight pushchair for heavy toddler!

(7 Posts)
dannysmom Sun 26-Aug-07 14:39:08

My 2.4yr old son's travel pushchair (a Maclaren Triumph) is falling apart and we need to replace it. Was going to get another one the same but Maclaren site says maximum child weight for one is 33lbs and my boy weighs that now. Want umbrella-folding lightweight pushchair that will get quite a lot of use (my childcarer hates our big Jane Carrera that's our main pushchair so uses the Maclaren at the moment when she is looking after him) but want him to be safe - any recommendations for a good lightweight travel pushchair for a big guy?!!

bran Sun 26-Aug-07 15:21:09

A Mountain Buggy Breeze is lightweight and I think can take quite a big child. It isn't umbrella fold though.

dannysmom Sun 26-Aug-07 15:46:17

Thanx. Think I really need an umbrella folding one though, as we're travelling to Spain on Monarch Airlines and they're strict about that...

bran Sun 26-Aug-07 16:14:36

I have noticed on the Maclaren site that it is approved for 33lbs in the UK and 55lbs for the same pushchair in the US so the weight limit is probably more to do with bureaucracy than safety. I think that you'll find that most buggies are 'rated' up to 33lbs for this reason, so if you like the Triumph anyway then buy it again, I doubt there is much risk involved.

dannysmom Sun 26-Aug-07 16:22:47

Wow! 55lbs in the US - that's one big baby...!

bran Sun 26-Aug-07 16:27:44

The Techno XLR goes up to 65lbs. It's not exactly lightweight though.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sun 26-Aug-07 16:37:31

i used the triumph fine for my v v v large toddler (she was over 30lb at 1yr old). it was one that was easy to steer even though she was heavey.

its not really its unsafe if he is over ther weight limit (and tbh he probably isnt going to gain much more between now and not using the buggy) its just they havent tested it ABOVE that weight in the UK. also if it does break and shop knows (how, if you dont tell them) that you have had a heavier child than stated in it then it can invalidate your warrenty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now