Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help !!Mum of 3 under 6yrs ...found out am pg with 4th!

(25 Posts)
paddlinglikemad Thu 23-Aug-07 16:49:42

Okay all those Mums of 4 young kids I need you to tell me how FANTASTIC it is, how it isn't going to bankrupt us completely and whether you are still sane!! ..please panic has set in....

numptysmummy Thu 23-Aug-07 17:02:06

It's not that bad. Some days are a peace of piss and you wonder what the fuss is all about and other days are truly awful but you get days like that with just 1
Doesn't bankrupt you until they are 15 and eat for britain

numptysmummy Thu 23-Aug-07 17:02:50

Oh,and yes it is fantastic!

paddlinglikemad Thu 23-Aug-07 17:04:36

thanks am sort of happy/crying/terrified etc ..oh and a slight tumbling block you are the first to know as haven't told DH yet (at work til late..)...told him I was late and his reply was 'well..you can't be pregnant'...

numptysmummy Thu 23-Aug-07 17:07:15

Well,congrats! My dh was like that and we were ttc He still walks around in a daze muttering he can't believe we have 4 kids! Like i said,ask a mum of 1,2,3,4 or more and they will all say they have hard days but it gets better and it's so rewarding. I love seeing my 4 together.

SueBaroo Thu 23-Aug-07 17:07:30

It's fantastic. I've got 4 under 6, and it's not really much different to having 3 in this house.

I found out when dh was away, too, so I had to wait until he came home to tell him. He was a bit shell-shocked, but he came round.

You've got all the right sorts of toys, still, you'll likely have plenty of clothes still - chill, it'll be fine.

And Congratulations!

MrsWeasley Thu 23-Aug-07 17:11:36

congratulations I am actually quite

its not that bad... honest

I had 4 under 6 and it really wasn't any harder than having 3.

paddlinglikemad Thu 23-Aug-07 17:14:45

Hmmm am thinking how different can it be ..have 5.5yr old, 2 yr old and 8 month old ..bedlam anyway just another one ..? DH is going to faint I think... will let you know, family is going to give us grief as they thought 3 was mad ...hey ho

paddlinglikemad Fri 24-Aug-07 06:23:56

Oh dear DH not happy at all thinks we should 'think about our options'....

Wallace Fri 24-Aug-07 06:31:31

Oh dear. Will he come round when he has time to get over the shock?

DANCESwithDumbledore Fri 24-Aug-07 06:34:33

Oh! He's probably in shock though, give him a bit of time and he'll be ok. Men don't cope well with (any) surprises in my experience!

Bibis Fri 24-Aug-07 06:40:41

I hope he comes round, 5 years between my oldest and youngest and it is great fun, but hard work, slowly getting better and my youngest is now 18 months. (also a complete nightmare sometimes, but that would happen however many you have)

Good Luck

paddlinglikemad Sat 25-Aug-07 09:42:07

lots of shouting and crying and getting nowhere sadwill keep you posted

MegaLegs Sat 25-Aug-07 09:44:28

I had 4 under 6 and have survived so far grin. It's manic but made easier if you have lots of support. Money starts to be an issue when they reach the swimming lesson/music lesson/ party every weekend stage I have found.

paddlinglikemad Sat 25-Aug-07 09:50:30

its the support thats going to be an issue with DH I think , we have got to point where he saying..'its up to me its my body etc etc he can't make me do anything etc etc'..so I can see years ahead of 'I told you so....'
or years ahead as a single mum of four if he carries on with this attitude!! angry

paddlinglikemad Sat 25-Aug-07 13:50:14

he say that some days when he comes home i look exhausted and he doesn't think I could cope with no 4 ..!
he says I should at least go to GP and discuss my options but I know I'm just going to burst into tears..
Am going to leave it over the long weekend and see how it goes..
I know my gut feeling but my head has a million other ideas!!

CarGirl Sat 25-Aug-07 14:13:23

yes it's hard when they are little but it is fab now they are older. Our youngest is just 2 they all amuse and entertain each other, they dont fight that much/badly, they are used to sharing and taking turns - I think it's easier than having 2 that are constantly fighting with each other and over their parents attention.

paddlinglikemad Sat 25-Aug-07 14:53:19

so how were your DP/DH reactions when you found out you were pg with no 4 ?...we did go thru' a bit of 'what have with done'shock with our third but then it was half expected , this is a complete bolt out of the blue, so maybe that explains his reaction.. or am I making excuses...hmm

beautifulgirls Sat 25-Aug-07 20:16:25

I cant offer any advice about having 4 I'm afraid, but I do want to give you a virtual hug and say that I hope you find some peace soon with whatever choice you make. I think you are very right to give it some thought first. Do not feel bullied by anyone to make a decision you are not making for yourself.

paddlinglikemad Mon 27-Aug-07 08:54:28

thanks for all your advice and support....sad

harleyd Mon 27-Aug-07 08:58:18

how are things with your dh. has he come round to the idea any better

rosylizzie Mon 27-Aug-07 20:51:22

i have just been thru a similiar one only this time no5, i have 10,8,6 and 20 months and 6 week old no5. spent the whole pg thinking how will i cope and secretly wishing it wouldnt happen dh was same and ............its been fine. i read the posts on the postnatal thread and see how hard people are finding it with no1/2 babies and realise how much more of a calm competent parent i am now and how that helps. yes you have chaotic days but less that you d think, even a 5/6 year old can hold a baby for a bit if you need to do something and you dont need to buy anything, no4 has yet to have new clothes
good luck and stay positive, four is great!

paddlinglikemad Tue 28-Aug-07 08:57:17

well ..DH is not really discussing it at moment and he goes away with work for 3 days tomorrow!..but have noticed that he is even more into the DC's than usual, calling me when the younger ones do something funny and talking about them a lot over dinner at night and stuff..
Am going to the clinic this evening to talk through 'the options' and he made some comment about ' I know you are going to come back and say you can't do it'..
so who knows? hmm
RosyLizzie ..thanks for the positive outlook, when I had no.3 a couple of the mums at school were saying 'oh four is better than three, it's more even...'
Don't feel I have got anywhere over weekend, but can't bury my head in the sand forever DH is going to have to step up to the mark and say what he really thinks instead of trying to leave it up to me...sad

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 09:00:14

Message withdrawn

Nemo2007 Tue 28-Aug-07 09:00:20

I only have 3 but when DD2 was born DS was 3.2yrs and DD1 was 12mths. I want line it has had hard times but I would not change it at all. I love having them all quite close together. We have said we are 90% sure we dont want anymore but I dont think I would be upset if I did get pg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now